So I have posted in awhile, been through some life events with sick family members. Getting a bit more shop time as of late.
Going through my storage hoard and I have this rolling chassis that used to be an h14xl.
The plan was to convert to electric, but I think constantly hydro drive is going to be too much draw to use the electric motor on.
Anyway, looking through my stuff, have a running 5hp and another 8hp that need some attention.
Decided to mount the working 5hp to the chassis and play around with it.
I know theres some pure Bolens guys out there, but remember this chassis was almost scrap.
Works pretty good, the hydro on the pedal makes it fun to drive, great for moving trailers around the yard.
Then I was looking at it and decided to move the front axle back to decrease the turning radius
Once that was complete, I chopped the frame back.
Now I'm working on adapting a blade I had in stock,
Had trouble working out the geometry on the hydro lift, I can get down pressure fine but lifting up it now working correctly, I didn't have any front mount attachments to follow, but I think I made the pivot point in the wrong place.
I did play with it in the dirt a bit, worked fairly well, but everything is spot welded and I didn't want to push it.
Eventually I would like to have a johnny bucket ridged up full time to this tractor.
More pics to follow
Edited by Jehtro, September 21, 2015 - 08:56 AM.