#16 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,210 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:55 PM

Lovejoy is meant to be a fixed fitting it is not made to move side to side like that. That is what a universal yoke is made for much like WrenchinOnIt stated.

I did a setup like his back in 2010 on my 1886-03 with loader.

kjkj 041.jpg  kjkj 045.jpg  

kjkj 048.jpg  kjkj 0470 0 (2).jpg

• LPBolens, Cvans, WrenchinOnIt and 1 other said thanks

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 10:04 PM

On the Bolens GT2000 the PTO shaft goes through the axle pivot  so we don't have to deal with that movement. Looks like a couple of guys have come up with good solutions for you.

Good luck

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#18 HT20D OFFLINE  

HT20D
  • Member No: 75535
  • 31 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:05 AM

WrenchinOnIt...I agree the Lovejoy is not the way to go in this configuration and not enough room for a shaft set up to run the pump. I guess I rushed this a little and didn't pay attention to the fact that the axle pivots above the shaft and not around the shaft.

And now that I think about it I'd rather have the pump out front so I can use the mid PTO for my tiller and not have to take the loader off.

Thank you for your help and the pictures!
  • WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#19 HT20D OFFLINE  

HT20D
  • 31 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:14 AM

AA Hayes, I just took the blade off yesterday because it kept getting hung up in the snow...I'll see if I have any pictures. It would be pretty simple to build a mount and blade like the Terra blade. It works great on soft or freshly dumped dirt/gravel but does not do very well on a packed driveway (that is rocky) like mine. It fetches up on rocks and lifts the rear enough to loose traction.

I can get pictures of it off the tractor and some measurements if you're interested.
  • LPBolens and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#20 HT20D OFFLINE  

HT20D
  • 31 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:41 AM

What have you guys used for pumps?

WrenchinOnIt, is that the pump that you used or just to show how it mounts?

The pump I have on it currently is a Dynamic .61cu in, 4.91 gpm at 2000 rpm and it seems a little slow...still manageable but it takes about 8 second to lift all the way with an empty bucket.
  • WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#21 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 08:32 AM

What have you guys used for pumps?
WrenchinOnIt, is that the pump that you used or just to show how it mounts?
The pump I have on it currently is a Dynamic .61cu in, 4.91 gpm at 2000 rpm and it seems a little slow...still manageable but it takes about 8 second to lift all the way with an empty bucket.

That is the pump that will be going on the tractor, but the tractor also has a backhoe on it, I have the Brantley literature and it calls for a 7gpm pump, this will achieve (or very close to it) that @ WOT. I would think that gpm you have is ample for a loader. I'm not a hydraulic guru, I do diligence on research and have a great hydro shop relatively close. Eight seconds empty seems slow. See what others think,maybe post questions under the mechanical/hydraulics heading. There is a guy on MTF (Tudor , I think it is) who fields and answers most hydraulic questions ,very knowledgeable, not sure if he's on here. Good luck, keep us posted.
  • HT20D said thank you

#22 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 10:38 AM

AA Hayes, I just took the blade off yesterday because it kept getting hung up in the snow...I'll see if I have any pictures. It would be pretty simple to build a mount and blade like the Terra blade. It works great on soft or freshly dumped dirt/gravel but does not do very well on a packed driveway (that is rocky) like mine. It fetches up on rocks and lifts the rear enough to loose traction.

I can get pictures of it off the tractor and some measurements if you're interested.

A lot of folks would like to see pics and measurements of your Terra-Blade. Start a new thread just for that.
  • blackjackjakexxix and AA Hayes have said thanks

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 11:18 AM

Line size can cause slowness also. If the hoses are 1/4", you might need to upgrade to 3/8" for faster (more volume) flow to the cylinders.

#24 AA Hayes OFFLINE  

AA Hayes
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 67383
  • 324 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 12:34 PM

Yeah some pictures and dimensions would be awesome!
Start a thread for that, like LP said for that a lot of people would appreciate that. I'm sure they suggest ballist weights with the on. Maybe someone else knows or has a manual for it, I haven't seen one in the manual section.
  • LPBolens and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#25 HT20D OFFLINE  

HT20D
  • 31 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 05:45 PM

I haven't found a manual for it yet either. I have the weight box from the loader on back now and wheel weights...I haven't done much grading with the box yet but the wheel weights didn't help much.

I have cylinder rebuild kits for the loader coming soon, when I do those I'll switch the mounting to the front.

#26 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 07:09 PM

I may have missed it,but do you have the rear tires loaded,I know on my HT-20 with the loader I had to do it,even then sometimes it's still a little light in the rearend

#27 HT20D OFFLINE  

HT20D
  • 31 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 08:28 AM

I have not filled my tires, I will probably try it this summer. What did you fill your tires with?

I am thinking about making a different "weight box" that would basically be a rod to hand dumbbell weights off. It would make it easier taking them on and off and not stick off the rear as far as the Johnson loader weight box.
  • LPBolens said thank you

#28 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 02:30 PM

I use window washer fluid,takes about 10 gallons ea rear wheel (26×12×12),it's about the cheapest way to go,there are alot of other products out there,Old Buzzard can you chime in on this,I know you have luck with another product

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, February 11, 2016 - 04:56 PM.

• OldBuzzard said thank you

#29 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 04:45 PM

Well, now that you mention it... :rolling:

I am a firm believer in Rim Guard.

It's a beet juice derivative, and it has a number of advantages over all of the other fluids being used.

It's non-toxic, non-corrosive, and environmentally friendly.

It weighs @ 11 lb/gal vs. 8 lb/gal for the water based fluids, so you get more weight per tire.

That means that with your 20D, you will get 80 lb/tire with anti-freeze, www fluid, etc. while you will get 110 lb/tire with Rim Guard. That extra 30 lb/tire will make a big difference. 

The disadvantage is the cost, and finding a dealer that carries it.

As for the cost, I feel that the other advantages make that worthwhile and since it's just a one time thing, not all that important.

To find a dealer you need to call them.  They actually prefer that you to call for a location.

Here's their web site: http://www.rimguard.biz/

ETA:  IF you do go with Rim Guard, it's vital that you change your valve stems to metal ones. 

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 11, 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#30 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 04:47 PM

I use window washer fluid,takes about 5 gallons ea rear wheel (26×12×12),it's about the cheapest way to go,there are alot of other products out there,Old Buzzard can you chime in on this,I know you have luck with another product

You only put 5 gal in your tires?

A 26x12-12 should hold 10 gal. when it's filled to 75%, which is generally filling it to the valve stem when the stem is at the 12:00 position.

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 11, 2016 - 04:47 PM.