#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 18, 2015 - 08:30 PM

Bought three of these tractors this summer. Rebuilt one and took some little parts from another to do that. 3rd tractor was missing engine and things from get-go. Wondering if I should build another one out of the two left, or should I try to make an articulating one??  Always thought that would be neat, but now sure I can design the controls needed to run both rears together. I'm not the best planner/fabricator.  I've seen many BIG tractors in past that just kinda hooked up a rear tractor with front off to the rear of another one with NO front wheels and kinda hanging out there.  Not sure I like that look, seems less strong for sure. OR, how about a side by side one.....Yeah, kinda like that idea. But then again, what to do with two inner rear wheels area?? One axle, with another just a big long axle shaft to other side? No other axle in that side?  Two wide seating.  One big long  axle in front??  OR, two small pairs like a big one again? Only ONE steering wheel to one side, other not used?? Hmmm! Lots of ideas can pop up. I've been wanting to build a Model T or HOrseless Carriage look butt buggy for shows, this might make a drive train for that instead of making a tractor at all. Thinking too much about it.....now my Head Hurts! :wallbanging: :deadhorse:

#2 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted September 18, 2015 - 10:18 PM

Still buying tractors? Thought you were getting out of the hobby?

Anyway, still interested in what you come up with.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 19, 2015 - 12:24 AM

Not buying NOW, but have some left yet!

#4 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted September 19, 2015 - 10:47 AM

Another option, sell the 2 remaining and let someone else build one out of them?