Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of May 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of May 2011! (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Featured Tractor of the Month of May 2011!

1. 1967 Massey MF12H - DH1 (4 votes [4.40%])

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

2. 1987 Bolens 1600H - Tinkerer (3 votes [3.30%])

Percentage of vote: 3.30%

3. 1968 Massey MF12H - IamSherwood (9 votes [9.89%])

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

4. 1968 Sears Suburban SS12 - MH81 (12 votes [13.19%])

Percentage of vote: 13.19%

5. John Deere 430 - meangreen (23 votes [25.27%])

Percentage of vote: 25.27%

6. 1973 Massey MF12G - NUTNDUN (7 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

7. 1977 Case 444 - wvbuzzmaster (17 votes [18.68%])

Percentage of vote: 18.68%

8. 1970 Bolens 1476 - wilberj (16 votes [17.58%])

Percentage of vote: 17.58%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of May has now officially started and will end the last day of April.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of May starting on the 1st of the month and will be in our featured tractors section for infinity :D

We will start new nominations at the same time as well so keep an eye out on this forum to know when to submit a nomination or vote. Our theme this month was gardening so the tractors had to be pictured with some sort of gardening gear.

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• 1967 Massey Ferguson MF12 Hydra - DH1
  • 1987 Bolens 1600H - Tinkerer
  • 1968 Massey MF12 Hydra - IamSherwood
  • 1968 Sears Suburban SS12 - MH81
  • John Deere 430 - meangreen
  • 1973 Massey MF12G - NUTNDUN
  • 1977 Case 444 - wvbuzzmaster
  • 1970 Bolens 1476 - wilberj

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. :D

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a full year. Thanks and good luck!

#2 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 05:24 PM

OK nobody wants to go first so I will, 1967 Massey MF12Hydra, got this about 8yrs ago for $100. it was my first garden tractor and is my favorite. It came with sleeve hitch, factory wheel weights, flat tires and pretty much the way you see it now. It has had different seats, mufflers even engines in it, I did a engine swap in this for a 13hp China Honda clone but put the original Tecumseh HH120 back in it because it suits the tractor better. It's hard to beat the look of an original tractor.
I have the dozer blade, snow blower, mower deck, tiller and a box blade for it. This tractor has cut grass, plowed snow, smoothed out the driveway, tilled the garden and dragged all kinds of stuff over the yrs. It has proven it self to me many times, the main purpose of this tractor has been to plow the snow, drag stuff around and a backup lawn mower. It's a survivor from yrs gone by and I don't know how much it would cost to replace it with a new one like it.
Almost everybody here has got something like this that they use as there everyday GT for whatever job they need done, and that's what this has being to me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12688[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• masseys 036..jpg
  • MF650 001..jpg
  • masseys 041..jpg

#3 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted April 04, 2011 - 08:19 PM

I guess I will throw my tractor in for this months voting. I have a 1987 Bolens 1600H. I was given this tractor this past April from a co-worker. His brother purchased the tractor new. The tractor came with a 48" side discharge mower with the Power Packer Plus grass bagger. The grass bagger attachment will be up and running this summer with the recent purchase of the missing pieces. During the summer I purchased a 42" snow/dirt blade off of Craigslist. During the early fall I purchased, also off Craigslist, an early '80's Bolens H18XL. This tractor came with a 48" side discharge mower, a 38" single stage snow blower and a 33" tiller. These attachment are why I bought this tractor as they fit the 1600H. I mowed my lawn during the summer with this tractor, did a little dirt moving in the backyard and tilled my in-laws garden with the tiller in early November. During the winter I acquired the necessary pieces to change over from a manual implement lift to a hydraulic implement lift. This was a big improvement when using the snow blower during the winter with all the snow we received. I also used the snow blade during the winter. I have been very impressed with the stoutness of the tractor and the implements. I look forward to, as soon as the snow finishes melting, of using the 1600H to skid out some firewood for my wife's grandfather. I am also looking forward to being able to use the grass bagger to pick up leaves this fall. I have only had this tractor and the implements for a short time so far but am looking forward to many more years to come.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12708[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12709[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• 1118101558.jpg
  • 1112101416.jpg

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:12 PM

I am going to enter one of my favourites from the MF line up.
I read the guidelines for entry, and when I got to this part, "even if there is a white background" I thought the shoe fit.
My entry is a 1968 Massey Ferguson MF12 Hydra Speed.
This machine was given to me in July of 09. Many pieces where missing, and it was in rough shape. In May of 2010, I was
tired of moving it around, and had no hope in ever getting it up and running. I was just about to list it for sale as a
parts machine, and I came across a parts donor. I also, at that time got to know Doug (DH1), and he helped me out
with a few more pieces. So, I tackled it, and had her resto'd, and up and running by July. I then resto'd a
deck for it that I came across, and a 38" tiller. The picture of her chomping at the bit, and tilling snow was taken
this past Saturday, Apr 2nd/2011.
When I found the deck for it, I also got a snowblower. That has yet to be resto'd. I also have those nice shiney hub caps
for her, but don't want to put them on, because that would cover up the 2 tone rims, which where alot of work, and in my
opinion look better than chrome.The seat with red piping was made by a friend. Not original equipment, but sure makes
it unique looking.
Once things dry up around here, I plan on doing a garden, and this rig will be put to work. I have the original sleeve hitch
for it, and will also be using it to move the yard trailer around. On my list of things to build for her is a PTO driven air compressor
which was available as an accessory.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010026.jpg
  • P1010057a.jpg
  • P1010097.jpg

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:19 PM

I have a go also this month.

This is My 1968 Sears Suburban 12 With Sears 10" plow.

I bought this as a non-runner earlier this winter. It had been the PO's Grandfather's tractor & he took very good care of it until the Electronic Ignition went on it. The problem arose from the CDI being loose & hitting the flywheel pin. Many of you will recognize it from my "What's wrong with it now" type posts, and I can't thank all of you guys enough in you moral support, know-how & willingness to help. She runs like a trooper now & has been my down-time playtoy since she started running.

It came with a good mower deck & front blade. After the addition of the lift, I built a 3point Boom for it and found a Snow Blower. The plow I've had for a year waiting for a tractor to put it on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12817[/ATTACH]

Last weekend Ryan & I plowed the garden with it. He likes it as much as I do. I may have a custody battle on my hands before it's all over.

Sorry the pictures are so lousy, It's been raining here for 3 straight days & this is the best I could do between raindrops. :smile1: Thanks for looking!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12818[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12819[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12820[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• cart-horse.gif
  • PICT0007.jpg
  • PICT0006.jpg
  • PICT0005.jpg

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 07:42 PM

I would like to nominate meangreen's John Deere 430. Awesome machine! Fred had been wanting a 430 for as long as I've known him. All of them he saw for sale either went too high priced, or were too far away to go get. Finally one came up within reasonable distance, but Fred was going to let it pass because he couldn't let go of the cash. I wouldn't let that happen, so I kept prodding & he caved. He has been SO happy he bought it! I'd almost bet he goes in the shop every day before leaving for work, just for another look at her! :D
These pics are recently taken while plowing. Fred has a 60" mowing deck for this also, and is plowing with a 10" Brinly. He recently acquired a 4 way front blade for it also. He didn't have to do much to the tractor after purchasing. Just fuel filter plug, repaired the muffler, motor mount, and a few other minor things. One thing for sure....it's a beasty machine!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12837[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05200.jpg
  • Fred 430.jpg

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 04:11 PM

I happened to be getting my Massey 12g ready for plow day and figured I would snap some pics and nominate it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12982[/ATTACH]
This is my 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12G Variable Speed. This tractor is what started my addiction and collection. I originally bought it because I needed something to mow the lawn with because I was tired of push mowing. I happened to be looking on eBay and came across this MF12G. I made an offer and it was accepted. My friend and I went down and picked it up the following weekend. I also purchased a MF10 for parts for $50. I paid $325 for the MF12 and it had a mower deck. It was in pretty good original condition with the normal things wrong, like the broken grill trim piece.

Since I have had it I put a good grill trim piece on, replaced the grill with the one from the parts MF10, I also replaced the steering column with the one from the parts 10. I replaced the head gasket because the old one was blown out. I got a sleeve hitch from GTtalk member broken2, he made the Brinly adapter piece and he did an awesome job with it. Due to a couple tractors being sold lately I kept the wheels and ag tires from my Cub 147 and put them on the 12G. I painted them MF Gray for the time being and I also painted the set of extra Cub wheel weights I had MF Red. They are not staying on there permanently, just need them for the plow day.

I am hoping to restore it sometime this year. It was repainted at one time. The gray that is supposed to be flint gray metallic was painted almost like a gray primer color at one time. With everything else going on and all the other projects we would like to get done it might be a while until I can restore it. It has served me very well and just keeps going. It is also what started everything :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12980[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12981[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0268.jpg
  • DSC_0266.jpg
  • DSC_0267.jpg

#8 wvbuzzmaster ONLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 07:33 PM

Almost didn't make it. Fresh off the camera are pics from today of my 444.

I bought this 1977 Case 444 about 2 years ago and I don't use it very much. It has excellent Titan brand rear tires that are filled with antifreeze, as well as 3 year old paint on it. The previous owner did the repaint and the sheet metal isn't the best, but good enough for a working tractor. I have receipts with it for the new engine in 1993, that was later rebuilt in 2002, not bad I think. It also had a holding valve added on in its lifetime as I have the receipt for it as well. A lot of work went into this machine and I have yet to use it myself.

I will be taking it to plow day (April 30th) to use it for the first time for something other than joy rides lol. I have to say it was taken care of reasonably well, as it still works great. It still needs a few minor things to make it an excellent machine, but I doubt I will get to them. I am going to sell it this year to fund my next tractor as the shop is full and I have too many tractors (don't laugh)... If anyone has interest message me. If not congratulate me on running it for Tractor of the Month, the last ditch attempt since I took a few minutes to throw the plow on it this evening.

Note: Pictures were taken while it was running.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13013[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails

• i444p1.jpg
  • i444p2.jpg

#9 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 10:11 PM

I like to nominate my 1970 Bolens 1476 large frame.

I found this 1970 1476 on Craigslist two and a half years ago but the add was for an 1886 with a deck, 2 snow blowers, and Blade, that what I was also told by the guy over the phone. As soon as I pulled into the driveway I knew it was no way an 1886 because I saw the husky man sticker on the front instead of the husky dog sticker used on the 1886. As soon he met me he said he was sorry that it’s not an 1886 and he was looking on the Internet all this time at 1886’s and was thinking it was what he had without looking at the tractor it self since it been in his back shed for years. He told me he tried to call the morning I was heading up but could not get a hold of me and he would under stand if I would not be interested in buying it. I told him I understand stuff happens and I still have interest in buying it if he willing to deal and he was. We made the deal and I drove it onto the trailer, shook his hand and headed home with my first of the short Wisconsin 14 horse powered large frames.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13014[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13016[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]13015[/ATTACH]

Since buying the 1476 I have used it as one of my main workers from mowing to tilling with the 48” tiller that it handled with no lost of power at all. She can handle anything my eleven 1886’s I have can do and more. It has been one of my main bolens I take to the local tractor show by me and I plan to take it this year to. I have the 48” tiller still on it and I do plan on using it to till the garden after I use the Ridemaster to plow the garden in around 2 weeks from now. In all she been a good workhorse and I am very happy that when I went to buy it that it turned out to be a 1476.

Jerome

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0026.jpg
  • l 003.jpg
  • PICT0030(1).jpg

#10 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 06:48 AM

Looks like I'm the first one to vote this time. Everyone else must be sleeping in.

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 07:01 AM

Looks like I'm the first one to vote this time. Everyone else must be sleeping in.

I agree,I just didn't want to be first.:D

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 07:11 AM

I just finished setting up the poll this morning. You guys are quick on the ball :D

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 07:14 AM

Yes, and thru deductive reasoning, I figured out what one George voted for. :D

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 07:23 AM

Yes, and thru deductive reasoning, I figured out what one George voted for. :D

Only one problem with your deductive reasoning............

I haven't voted yet :p

#15 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 08:53 AM

Only one problem with your deductive reasoning............

I haven't voted yet :p

Well logic says that you really should vote for your own. ... I know I sure would.
It would be a bummer to lose out because you didn't vote for your own tractor !