• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Jimkemp OFFLINE  

Jimkemp
  • Member No: 75149
  • 205 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted September 19, 2015 - 07:31 AM

The engine tin shouldn't be hard to get.should have the 12 horse kohler on it.Plenty of sheet metal on ebay.Just have to find the right priced pieces.

I have looked on Ebay a lot for parts I need and didn't find anything that I was looking for , I did find a complete tractor close to me that has the parts and thought about buying it to get the parts and putting the rest on the shelf for later or if someone else needed parts

#17 Jimkemp OFFLINE  

Jimkemp
  • 205 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 08:46 PM

Found a whole new problem to deal with on this tractor , seems someone at some time welded the right rear hub to the axle , going to need to find a right rear axle and hub to fix this , how hard is it to find these parts I did get my tractor work bench built today to make it easier to work on it , I put my 656 up on it as a test and its at the perfect height for me , the table top is 22" tall , the table is 6ft x 3ft and will have storage under it once I get a piece of expanded medal for parts storage , rolls around the shop nice to so if I need it out of the way , 2015 tractor stand001.jpg
  • MH81 said thank you

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 09:20 PM

The site supporters would be a good first place to start.

Also, a want ad int he classifieds wouldn't hurt either

#19 Jimkemp OFFLINE  

Jimkemp
  • 205 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 07:40 AM

Ok guys this is the best I could do for pictures this morning , 2015 raider 12 welded hub003.jpg 2015 raider 12 welded hub002.jpg

#20 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,670 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 09:33 AM

Hmmm! Careful die-grinder work with cut-off blades? Low heat on a torch? Torch you can sometimes just blow off the outer metal and if get away quick enough can save lower metal. Think new hub will be needed either way. The Red Square forums are all Horse guys and have parts I bet. Even epay has quite a bit. Greet and meet in Warsaw, IN this coming week-end with parts, but that is pretty far away, heh! I have a whole tractor, a 308-8 with 8spd axle for $150, going to that meet. Axle is good, no engine.

#21 Jimkemp OFFLINE  

Jimkemp
  • 205 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 01:28 PM

Hmmm! Careful die-grinder work with cut-off blades? Low heat on a torch? Torch you can sometimes just blow off the outer metal and if get away quick enough can save lower metal. Think new hub will be needed either way. The Red Square forums are all Horse guys and have parts I bet. Even epay has quite a bit. Greet and meet in Warsaw, IN this coming week-end with parts, but that is pretty far away, heh! I have a whole tractor, a 308-8 with 8spd axle for $150, going to that meet. Axle is good, no engine.

Thanks , I found a whole rear end from a guy in waterloo ny that I can buy , I think I am going with that instead of fixing the old , will keep the old rear end if I ever need parts inside the case , I wish I could come to the meet and greet but that's a real long way from me , wish we had stuff like that here in ny