• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 15, 2010 - 10:56 PM

I hauled two like those from St. Louis to Oologah, about 400 miles, one in the back of my 2001 Dodge Van, the other in a short wide pickup truck trailer, including an extra deck and rearend. No problem

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 04:56 AM

Well I don't know if it is going to work out or not. The guy is actually in Indiana about 50 miles west of Cincinnati. That is a little further then I might be willing to go but I would still do it. The main problem is he is an older fella that doesn't know much about computers and he isn't willing to hold them until I could get out there on Sunday. I am going to think about it a little more today and I might call him back and see if he will hold them for a day and I will overnight a deposit to hold them till the weekend. He said a couple guys already looked at them. I'm not driving all the way out there if he isn't willing to hold them. I would have to get upset if I drove 550 mile and he sold em before we got there.

#18 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:02 AM

Just call him and tell him You want them and your on your way to buy them, most guys will hold them until you do or don't get there by the prescribed time. Your lucky they're there at all, I've been busy or I would of been there. I thought you knew they were in Bolton or Holton, Indiana. They guy isn't that computer illiterate, he's got them listed in over 4 different cities in three states. I saw them listed in Indiana well over a week ago, notice them in Ohio during a search tempest search, and I cant find it now, because I actually think it went 30 days and dropped off, but I'm sure it was listed in Louisville, Kentucky CL. I deal with a lot of stuff and people on CL, I bought and sold hundreds of items off CL in the last year. People lie, they misrepresent, they raise the price, other people offer more for an item to take it away from someone the buyer has already made a deal with. It goes on and on. I will tell you, if you want it and it's on CL, find out where it is, get in your truck and go get it immediatlly. That way the buyer wont sell it from under you and no other idiot has the time to make a side deal. Time is not your friend, and he who hesitates is left with nothing. I didn't end up with all my tractors by wait and see. I see it, and I call for directions and I go get it. You can dicker when you get there with money in your hand a trailer or truck in the guys driveway. Most guys wont let you leave without getting your money

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:08 AM

I understand all that fine and dandy, I don't have a pickup and a trailer and my one buddy is the one who is going to actually be picking them up for me. They guy doesn't have paypal, I wanted to put a deposit on them through paypal so he knew I was serious. I also have three kids and work full time so just picking up and leaving for 24 hours is a little tough.

I am going to call him and see if he will let me send a check overnight or I will wait till saturday and if he still has them then I will head out sunday morning. If not then I am sure I will find others even though I would really like to have them.

#20 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 09:25 AM

George: I can understand about your not being able to "pick up and go". There aren't many people that can do that!
Best of luck on the deal.

#21 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 12:35 PM

If I had the time, I'd shoot up there & pick them up for you. Wish I could!

#22 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 03:21 PM

If I had the time, I'd shoot up there & pick them up for you. Wish I could!

Me too... I got all the time, but no trailer, or the truck to pull it with. That's only about 5 hours from me.

#23 NUTNDUN ONLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 04:06 PM

I appreciate it guys, if it is going to work out it will. If not there are always other ones to be had, just a matter of finding them.

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 07:40 PM

Well, someone else can go get em, I hate to pass on them but it's just too far and I don't really want to spend that much right now.

#25 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:05 PM

Well, someone else can go get em, I hate to pass on them but it's just too far and I don't really want to spend that much right now.

Hate it you have to pass, but I totally understand. I pass on lots of great deals, but I just can't afford anymore toys. It extends me just to buy parts & stuff I need for what I have lately. But then I already have some bigger GT's too. You'll find one nearer to you & you'll jump all over it!

#26 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 16, 2010 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, it's hard to pass on things but, something else will be along someday. Sorry it didn't work out for you this time.

#27 mjodrey ONLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 17, 2010 - 04:54 AM

Yeah, it's hard to pass on things but, something else will be along someday. Sorry it didn't work out for you this time.

:ditto:

#28 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 17, 2010 - 06:51 AM

Sorry to hear that George, I understand not everyone can jump in the truck and go, hope you didn't take me wrong about what I said. If everyone lived like me, we'd still all be in TeePees. I'll keep looking for you in your area, I got a feeling ther will be one coming up close by real soon

#29 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 17, 2010 - 06:58 AM

I didn't take ya the wrong way at all. If the guy would have been a little more cooperative with holding them or had paypal and I could have given him a deposit to know for sure that he would hold them till I could have made it out on Sunday it would have been different. Till I would add up the fuel and tolls it almost makes the deal not so good. I think one will pop up around this area some time. Just have to be patient. I am possibly pursuing my secret liking of cub cadets and getting one or two but we will see. I am going to look at one that I posted in the cub forum tonight.

#30 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 17, 2010 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, it didn't sound like the fella was being too cooperative. Maybe I'm thinking wrong but, if the guy had the ad posted, in three states, then he should have understood that people would be calling from long distances and he would need to "hold the sale" from time to time. It sounds like those were some pretty popular tractors so it wasn't like, if he had to hold them for a few days, and then that person decided they didn't want them, that there wouldn't be another buyer coming along right behind. Like you said, after weighing everything out, it might have been for the best that you past them up.