• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted October 04, 2015 - 07:33 PM

I think I'd give the link belt a try like the one on the hyd pump. thanks for the good pictures easy to see how the lift works.

• CharlesDes and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#17 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • Member No: 72357
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 09:19 PM

So now I know why we never really used the blower. Iv spent several hours installing the main pullies and one of two belts. idler pully pivot was stuck. Apply handle was stuck. The belt alone was a real pain in the ass. And to top it off, I can no longer install any of the other attachments with this in place.

Sadley I cannot find the pivot bolts anymore and looks like I'll have to go by some 3/4" bolts to take their place.
  • 637Yeoman said thank you

#18 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 09:23 PM

Hi a.graham52, I was thinking about you a few days ago wondering how you were making out with the snowblower, sounds like you've run into a bit of trouble getting it up and going, hope you can get it going I'm interested to hear how it works. Good luck

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#19 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 10:34 PM

Aww gee thanks lol. I have high hopes to get the blower on tomorrow and get the death screws turning. I only have one belt, the one I ordered wasn't long enough to make two belts like u planned. Also if everything works, I need to get it disassembled to weld up the rot holes in the chutes
  • MNGB and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#20 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 05:06 PM

Got the screws turning today. Did not have grest results. Over tightend the belt and burnt it out. Once I replaced the links, the damn thing clogs too easily with frozen snow. HOWEVER I'm only running one belt and not 2. Hopfully won't clog and bind so badly with 2 belts

#21 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 08:54 PM

Got the second belt installed. No more slipping. Next problen was the chutes. Stuck in strait ahead position. I tried multiple ways to power the motor but couldn't get it to wor. I ended up removing the chain and manually turning the chutes. So overall, it doesn't really throw anow. Kind of just pukes it out. Very unatractivly. Also picks up a ton of rocks. I think I'll solve Tha by lowering the shoes a tad. I'm also going ti add some duct tape to the chutes to cover the holes for the next couple of storms. Maybe the holes are what are causing the lack of throwing.

#22 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 10:20 PM

Hi a.graham52, I my driveway is gravel and I set the blower on a 1" board (they are a little over 3/4") and then adjust the skid shoes to contact the ground and it works pretty good it still picks up  some rock but not bad, If plugging the holes in the chutes doesn't cure the blowing you may have to increase the blower speed, were you running the tractor at WOT? Simplicity built a dual stage blower with that type of blower arrangment and they really pitch the snow out. Good luck

• a.graham52 and 637Yeoman have said thanks

#23 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted January 12, 2016 - 10:31 PM

20150916_064933_zpsk96jbvju.jpg
20150916_064925_zpsjipxflij.jpg

Two chutes?

• a.graham52 said thank you

#24 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 04:13 PM

Unless them ain't chutes I'm seeing, then yes.

As far as engine speed, probably 3/4. U feel bad for the neighbors...
  • MNGB said thank you

#25 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 06:57 PM

I'm thinking your going to need to give full R's to get it to pitch the snow out a ways.

#26 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 08:25 PM

Unless them ain't chutes I'm seeing, then yes.

As far as engine speed, probably 3/4. U feel bad for the neighbors...

i meant why have two chutes? what is the advantage.

#27 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 10:34 PM

I honestly have no idea. Other then strait up more volume in terms of moving snow

#28 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 07:22 PM

Oh what a day. We had beautiful snow for throwing. 5" of fairly dry fluffy snow. Tried out the blower at full rpms, bogged down and clogged within 4 ft. Did that several times before I took a link out of each belt. That was the ticket! Would throw snow about 7ft in the air and looked glorious doing it. Then the fun started...

I took yet another link out of the beltS and yet again beautiful performance. Made two swipes by the wood pile and things came to screeching hault. This is when I relized the clutch lever for the blower needs to be modified so it's higher up and easier to get in a panic. Shut the tractor off to stop burning the belts. The blower was seemed solid and full of snow. After digging it out and groping the insides, found a chunk of metal jamming the padleS I tried rocking the tractor backwards in hoping t spin the blower in reverse. No dice. Ended up taking a 4 ft pipe wrench to the blower driveshaft to turn it backwards and release the metal.

After that it started throwing belts off. The forwards most belt would come off and the rear belt would jump to the forward pully. Did this twice before finding the idler pully arm loose and encuraging belt derailment.

Removed the arm. StuddI ed how it's supposed to work and relized the bushing was seized. Ended up sticking it in the fire place and heating it. Applied marvels mystery oil and beat it into agreement with a hammer. Lubed and reinstalled.

No more throwing belts!

Started making my way in 1/1 across the yard to our neighbors (rents in law), giving her the supper the whole way.

Then she sounded funny. Laboring more. Noticed puffing from the pcv cover and throttled back. Then stalled and wouldn't restart. I was worried it was out of gas but checked and it wasnt. After 5 minutes it restarted and noticed a very loud lower end knock at moderate/no load and any rpms. I checked the oil and it's full. Pulled the spark plug and it's dark gray but not white. Checked the high speed miz and it's 3 3/4 turns out. I had also verified high rpms were 3600 when wide open, no load. I'm going to pull the head tomorrow and have a looksy.

Always wanted to rebuild, mod this engine
  • MNGB said thank you

#29 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 07:36 PM

Hi was good to hear you were getting the blower figured out not so good about your engine, hope you can get it up and going without too much.

#30 a.graham52 OFFLINE  

a.graham52
  • 88 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted January 16, 2016 - 07:47 PM

The tractor isnt really a nessasary at the moment. Just kind of a keep my occupied. So it may go on the back burner until spring. Any recommendations on rebuild kits? I also wouldn't mind more power