21 replies to this topic

#16 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 11:10 AM

That's an old Ezgo Marathon. If you need any parts for it, LMK. 

• tater195 said thank you

#17 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 11:21 AM

Nice Golf cart.

I've found that my ad will reflect the people that email me. When written properly, it will attract the right buyer. The make offer, trade, etc type ads will draw in more tire kickers is what I've found.

:iagree:  You fish with Carp bait your going to catch Carp. Same goes with Ads. 

• tater195 said thank you

#18 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 12:41 PM

Blaming CL for the few idiots using it is like blaming the car because of a drunk driver.  (or the gun because of a murderer) First thing a seller must learn is you don't hold anything for anyone until you get some cash in hand.  I have used CL, eBay and a couple more local sources and have good luck with all of them.  Yes, I did get burned once as the guy didn't tell me all he knew.  That was partially my fault as the area he lived in was a new housing area, all 1A lots or lager and 1/2 mil home was on the cheap side, and he was a senior auditor for Providential Financial.  (Just how much should one expect him to know about GT's?) I should not have even stopped and went back home.  But I went through with my end of the deal with his teenage son as he wold not show up for ? ? ?  Live and learn.

I take my time with C/L respondents as I always request an Email with the contact's Phone # so I can call him or her.  This method has always worked well for me though I still do catch a few whack-o's looking to low ball my price. I tell them have a nice day and hang up.  I also explain that if they do not commit to come see the item in short order another caller with a sooner timeline will slide into 1st place.  

Lay it on the line with your expectations and this will give you a true picture of just how much the respondent really is interested in your item..  We listed our van last month on CL and got a lot of folks looking to knock the price down $1K on a $3400 priced van right off the bat.  I told them not to waste our and their time but a few didn't get the message.  A small time Syracuse car dealer drove all the way to our town and still tried to low ball the price.  (must have had someone looking for it)  On top of that they wanted to use our stickers to drive the thing back home using bogus (not dealer) plates 70 miles back to Syr..  My wife told them to 'have a nice day' and the best part of us & them wasting their time coming out here is the troopers nabbed them for a speeding ticket about 3 miles from our house..  My wife only gets 1 day a week off and she had to waste the afternoon dealing with that jerk since I was @ work..  Needless to say she was not pleased..

So my advice to any seller is to spend a few minutes to gauge just how interested the buyer really is.  You will have a better experience and better results.  It's still the best value / tool to unload stuff and get good deals on stuff..

OK-  I've blabbed on enough..

• Cvans, tater195 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#19 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 12:43 PM

I usually try to post a well thought out ad that states what I have, condition, contact info and how I would like to conduct the transaction. I like to trade a few emails before giving out my phone number and address. I get guys showing up with a check and a low ball offer, when I clearly state that the price is firm and cash only. ( I will drop as much as 25% of posted price to the right person, low ballers and jackwagons dont fall into that category).

#20 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 12:51 PM

That's an old Ezgo Marathon. If you need any parts for it, LMK. 

I think I have everything covered. I can still get new parts for these. I bought a cheap repop nose for this one that didnt fit and cracked trying to make it work. Other than that, everything is in pretty good shape.

#21 greenb69 ONLINE  

greenb69
  • Member No: 65681
  • 268 Thanks
  • 210 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 02:48 PM

You can never tell about people. Last year I saw an ad on cl about a gt. I made the deal and had to rent a trailer on the way down. Turns out the guy lives out in deep woods middle of no where. When I got there the guy and his brother come out and look like they could have had the lead role in a dilliverance horror story. They were the kindest and most honest people I have done business with in years. Of course, I always take my ex marine wife with me and she is always packing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Delmar, Cvans, jpackard56 and 2 others have said thanks

#22 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 04:39 PM

I've found that my ad will reflect the people that email me. When written properly, it will attract the right buyer.

Exactly. Like this well thought-out, articulate ad:

http://minneapolis.c...5567381696.html