DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 07:52 PM

Still haven't sold it yet asking $800. Too much stuff on the market now I guess. I'v seen other Toros just like this (same model) for sale for more $ than mine.
Sunday used this to cut 1/3 of my lawn, took almost 3 hrs, but it did fine, lots of cutting power at the blades.

#17 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 24, 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sold today paid for and picked up, I'm kinda glad to see this one go not because there's something wrong with it, it's a good little lawn tractor with a lot of life left in it. I just have no use for it, my lawn is too big, the fellow who bought it has a smaller place and I hope it serves him well.

#18 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 10:17 PM

I can't believe this thread has had so many view's. There must be a lot of people want to know something about this model of tractor.

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 17, 2011 - 02:02 AM

I can't believe this thread has had so many view's. There must be a lot of people want to know something about this model of tractor.

Why do you think I just read the entire thread thinking "Is it gonna be electric now?" lol

#20 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 03, 2013 - 11:05 PM

And I just went through the whole thing hoping to get some info to fix one that just showed up at my place  :wallbanging:

#21 trevoroni OFFLINE  

trevoroni
  • Member No: 70886
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 10:01 AM

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I have a 16-44 hxl with a blown motor and have found a LX420 for sale locally that has a wrecked transmission. The LX420 has the Kohler Courage 18hp motor in it which runs well and he is selling the whole unit for cheap.

How hard was the swap between the original Briggs and the Kohler?

Was it fairly straight forward or were there lots of modifications to the tractor to make it fit besides the exhaust and shields?

Thanks

#22 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 05:38 PM

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I have a 16-44 hxl with a blown motor and have found a LX420 for sale locally that has a wrecked transmission. The LX420 has the Kohler Courage 18hp motor in it which runs well and he is selling the whole unit for cheap.

How hard was the swap between the original Briggs and the Kohler?

Was it fairly straight forward or were there lots of modifications to the tractor to make it fit besides the exhaust and shields?

Thanks

From what I can remember the hardest part was the exhaust, adapting the toro/B&S muffler to the Kohler required some modifying/welding, heat shields had to be made to protect the plastic hood.

Aside from that it was pretty easy. I think the tractor would probably run OK with a 12hp in it.

Hope this helps.

#23 trevoroni OFFLINE  

trevoroni
  • Member No: 70886
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Thanks! I think I'll pick up the 420 and see how it goes. Hopefully since the kohler is coming out of a similar tractor some of those issues will be sorted out.