#1 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 11:23 AM

There was a pile of cattle manure about a 1/4 mile away, I know the guy who owns the land and I asked him if I could have it for our garden. He said take it, he's wanting it out of the way.  So I got our dump truck running, it hasn't run in about 4 months, I got the mouse nest cleaned out, got the truck vacuumed out, put a battery in, dumped some gas down the carb and the old thing fired right up. In a way, it's our best running vehicle. It always starts when you need it.

I ended up hauling 5 loads, I used my Mobility Big Dipper to load with, it did great and it didn't even get stuck in the mud.

I did have some visitors come by to get some water, they were all very friendly and came with in a few feet of me on the loader.

Here's a video of the dump truck in action! :thumbs:

https://youtu.be/AtpMPYaoduk

Sorry, not the best pictures and video, it was starting to get dark when I took them

Attached Thumbnails

• Hauling manure 007.jpg
  • Hauling manure 021.jpg
  • Hauling manure 022.jpg
  • Hauling manure 008.jpg
  • Hauling manure 010.jpg
  • Hauling manure 023.jpg
  • Hauling manure 019.jpg
  • Hauling manure 020.jpg
  • Hauling manure 012.jpg
  • Hauling manure 016.jpg

Edited by BTS, September 13, 2015 - 11:27 AM.

• Gtractor, MH81, grnspot110 and 6 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,116 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Nice pictures. The youngins are curious.  I like the fancy grill guard on the truck.  Noel

• boyscout862 and BTS have said thanks

#3 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 01:29 PM

Nice pictures. The youngins are curious.  I like the fancy grill guard on the truck.  Noel

The PO of the truck said she was going to paint the grill guard pink, I'm so glad she never did.

I'm always saying I'm going to cut it off, but I haven't bothered with it yet, we are going to build a V plow for the truck for this winter. They are saying a lot of snow this winter and the road grader waits 4 to 5 days before he gets our roads cleared.

• grnspot110 and propane1 have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 01:37 PM

Nice pics and project. Maybe the cows thought that you were stealing their treasures.

Good Luck with the plowing. I hope that you have chains and sand for the back. Rick
  • KennyP and BTS have said thanks

#5 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 04:27 PM

Nice pics and project. Maybe the cows thought that you were stealing their treasures.

Good Luck with the plowing. I hope that you have chains and sand for the back. Rick

Planing on loading it with sand and we are looking into putting singles on the back. We are wanting to get different rims and run military truck tires, they have good tread and are pretty cheap. I also heard they last for ever.

• grnspot110 and KennyP have said thanks

#6 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 04:41 PM

Went down today with the box blade on the Kubota and spread around what was left. There was a couple low spots, so I went ahead and got them all filled in. While I was out I went ahead and filled in some washes in the road. Our incompetent road grader operator can't fill in holes or washes, so I go out at a whirling 7mph and fill in the bad washes so I can get to work with out ruining my pickup (already broke a front spring)

Just got to thinking, If I'm fixing the road and getting a snow plow set up on our truck. Then what does the county do? Maybe they need to start paying me :poke:

• grnspot110 and KennyP have said thanks

#7 Buddy OFFLINE  

Buddy
  • Member No: 45481
  • 149 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 05:49 PM

There was a pile of cattle manure about a 1/4 mile away, I know the guy who owns the land and I asked him if I could have it for our garden. He said take it, he's wanting it out of the way.  So I got our dump truck running, it hasn't run in about 4 months, I got the mouse nest cleaned out, got the truck vacuumed out, put a battery in, dumped some gas down the carb and the old thing fired right up. In a way, it's our best running vehicle. It always starts when you need it.

I ended up hauling 5 loads, I used my Mobility Big Dipper to load with, it did great and it didn't even get stuck in the mud.

I did have some visitors come by to get some water, they were all very friendly and came with in a few feet of me on the loader.

Here's a video of the dump truck in action! :thumbs:

https://youtu.be/AtpMPYaoduk

I believe I have a set of manuals around here in my office someplace for those Dipper machines. I had two of those things years ago..

Sorry, not the best pictures and video, it was starting to get dark when I took them

• BTS said thank you

#8 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 05:50 PM

Went down today with the box blade on the Kubota and spread around what was left. There was a couple low spots, so I went ahead and got them all filled in. While I was out I went ahead and filled in some washes in the road. Our incompetent road grader operator can't fill in holes or washes, so I go out at a whirling 7mph and fill in the bad washes so I can get to work with out ruining my pickup (already broke a front spring)

Just got to thinking, If I'm fixing the road and getting a snow plow set up on our truck. Then what does the county do? Maybe they need to start paying me :poke:

They get paid.

• BTS said thank you

#9 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • 2,736 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 09:25 PM

I believe I have a set of manuals around here in my office someplace for those Dipper machines. I had two of those things years ago..

I would be interested in those manuals if you don't want them. What condition are they in? Let me know what you want for them

Thanks