#16 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 10:59 PM

A friend of mine has a 1970 Challenger that he has only put 100 miles on since he restored it 20 years ago. His Challenger is out for refresh on the paint and the engine is getting a taller cam to get it to about 700 horsepower... (630 hp currently) You know, Hellcat horsepower. I'm still trying to coax him into letting me drive his Challenger... So far I have a better shot at driving the Moon Rover LOL.
  • Chopperhed said thank you

#17 Canawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,883 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 12:23 PM

The Challenger has a rare (apparently) VIN, and is worth double that in it's current condition, Driveable it will be worth around 40G, Restored would be double that.

I'm a Mopar guy but those numbers are super high for a '73.  May I ask, what is supposed to be rare about it?  Challengers didn't have a whole lot of high value options after '71.

Anyway, congrats on getting the ball rolling.  It's staying B5 blue, right?

Edited by Canawler, September 16, 2015 - 12:26 PM.

• Chopperhed said thank you

#18 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

• Member No: 20120
  • 1,847 Thanks
  • 1,067 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 01:33 PM

Prices are higher up here.

Apparently, It's rare because it has No options. It's absolutely plain jane and one of the ugliest trim packages I've ever seen. Once I get the number I'll look it up again. Last time we looked into it was about 25 years ago when she got it.

It will be returned to the original color

It was 4200.00 CAD when purchased in town in 1973. We got it from the estate of the original owner.

For reference, there are two hemi challenger available locally, and both are going for 80,000

• KennyP said thank you