• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 10:59 AM

I'm thinking of putting a 12V plug out the back of my Bolens...  I have a 15 gal. sprayer for the lawn and garden..  It runs on a 2 prong ( male / female )  plug.. What I a'm wondering is, where would be a good place to hook up the power source from.??   I could easily go from the batt. ..  That would give me power all the time..   OR  on the one side of the solenoid ,,,  OR from the back of the key module.. ( if there is a place for it )

Right from the Batt. could drain the batt. while the engine is off,, hence NO restart...

Off the charging side of the solenoid   ( hard to get to, ) must be running I think..

off the back side of the ignition key, ( if possible ) so at least the key would have to be on to discharge the aug. plug ,, and batt.

I'm thinking that if it were right from the batt. , and it ever rubbed a wire raw,, my batt. would be dead or shorted out..   ( It will be fused ) ..

Any thoughts...????                                 sodi

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 12:25 PM

Off the battery with a switched relay to keep it off when the key is off, and only give power when you want. What kind of amps are you talking on the sprayer and can you tractors charging system keep up?
  • Bmerf said thank you

#3 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted September 14, 2015 - 07:02 AM

We buss ,,, it is jus a small sprayer that the tractor supply stores sell.

#4 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted September 14, 2015 - 11:09 AM

Wv buss ,,, it is just a small sprayer that the tractor supply stores sell.

I think it's called fien... it is just a one gal. per min. with a wand sprayer,,, 15 gal. tank that goe's into a pull behind trailer.. I use it to spray weeds and to add nitrogen to the lawn.. it's about 1 + acre...