• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 08:03 PM

By the way, why was my post deleted if yours wasn't? 

I see no posts made by you in this thread that were deleted.

There were a couple that have been and/or edited, but none listed under your username.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,476 Thanks
  • 3,371 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 08:07 PM

Well, it's gone, but I'm over it. Thanks for looking.
  • MH81 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 06:21 AM

I see no posts made by you in this thread that were deleted.

There were a couple that have been and/or edited, but none listed under your username.

He called me a liberal because I was Bush bashing. He didn't know that I bash all politicians since we haven't seen a good one in over 23 years. Good Luck, Rick

• MH81 said thank you

#19 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 06:46 AM

I'm married to an RN as well! 40 years come November 8, No back story like yours though. Of course the young kids bother me more, but I was a 19 year old when I was charged with 35 other lives. The danger and stress were immense, but add physical injury to that and I don't know how they/ you survived. I lost a close friend, another survives today, less a lung, and parts of other organs. I was visited by those in my outfit that didn't make it home, for a few years, but I was lucky, they went away along with the dreams and jumping at every loud sound. Some never get their life back.

Congratulations on the big 40!

You are right about some never escaping the memories. In 1993 I was in the Eye Clinc at the VA. One of the guys said it was 25 years since he came home from Nam. Then he asked "When do the nightmares stop?" An old guy in a wheelchair said "Its been 75 years since I came home from France and they haven't stopped yet."

I think that remembering the ones we have lost gives them a little piece of life even now. Veterans Day and Memorial Day I take some time in the woods to remember them. Other times someone will just pop into my mind. I knew alot of veterans from the Spanish American War and since. I tell my son about his grandfathers and great uncles in WWII. My wife and I tell him about our service adventures(Martha had worse ones than me on Dustoffs).

I should have been medically retired in 78 but then the MDs would have been investigated for what they did to me and several others as an "experiment". I then fought the Army Reserve until 2003 when they retired me. There were alot of incompetent civilians and cowardly officers and I did a good job of making them uncomfortable. I made alot of enemies but since  I had several COLs and Generals that loved my ferreting out of rats and finding problems before they blewup, I was kept in.

The politicians disgust and scare me because I see alot of parallels between us now and Germany in 1933. I wish we could add "none of the above" to the bottom line of all ballots. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, September 13, 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#20 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,476 Thanks
  • 3,371 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 09:28 PM

I'm just glad we're here to talk about it!