#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Have Speedex 1641 and now a V-twin vanguard in it. The fella gave me the orig pto off the tractor when I bought it, but isn't with the engine at time. SO, now trying to wire up tractor and put this item on. I have not tested it yet to see if it works. Probly should do that. The wires going into it are all taped up in a glob and kinda hard like something was poured around the wires?? I'm assuming at one time it may have come loose and ripped wires off? This case does not bolt to block like most modern ones do, still has the old chain to hook to something. In box was also a little metal arm with a pin, quite worn one at that. I'm thinking it is for the chain to go to and then is bolted to the engine at one of the many bolt holes they usually have on pto side of block. Here are some pictures of the thing setting on the crank and me holding said arm in a few places along block. With the wire harness I'm now putting back in tractor, looks like the connector for it was really down side and wiring seems to lay along frame just right that makes me think that. Also beileve the wiring then was run out along that metal holding strap for the chain. That strap really looks kinda weak to hold much, but maybe not much is needed to hold these things in place? I know he old Power King's had similar chain on them and it was just hooked to the grill metal in a not so strong place too. They stayed in place I guess. Another item is that the pto does not go all the way on shaft. There is a drive pulley for tractor that goes on first, then the pto is also keyed and has about one and a quarter or maybe 1 and a half inches, just guessing now to connect to the pulley on the pto. One picture kinda shows the opening. Kinda looks like I could go 1/4" or so more onto shaft according to what is seen in picture. The drive pulley IS not on all the way and I could probly get that movement, but thought belt align looked better with pulley out from engine a little. Maybe alignment is not that critical on this, it is a BIG belt and a LONG way from pulleys on other end. Might work being a little out of align you think? Back to mounting. PK's have a big long bolt and a spacer that goes on their ptos. Do I need that here too, or someghing inside the big center hole then or do I just need the long bolt and a good heavy washer to push on outside end of the pto? I'll have to check box again and see what is there. Seems like was a big bolt/washer, don't recall any spacer tho.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150910_183702.jpg
  • 20150910_183606.jpg
  • 20150910_183521.jpg
  • 20150910_183445.jpg
  • 20150910_183426.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, September 10, 2015 - 06:26 PM.

• Auburn David said thank you

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted September 14, 2015 - 01:08 PM

Got this mounted and working while engine off anyway. Have starter issue on that now, durn!  I had to put a spacer between the pto and the main drive pulley, they were binding as they were when tightened up. I used that little arm that was with it, but not sure if maybe in way of belt? Have to get belt on it to make sure it passes on the inside of it between the pulleys. Wired up and got that working now.