DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 05:44 PM

Hi guys- So update, next step is to start the motor to see it run, but I'm having trouble with the wiring. I have replaced the ones I could, and re-wired it as it was. but due to age, some wires had popped off, and I'm to afraid of incorrect wiring :mad2: . I have seen the pen drawn wire diagram. I do not understand it unfortunately. so please give me some rookie help :D , I do not have a key switch, and would rather just use a push button starter if possible.

Thanks

This is the diagram you want to work with.

post-62-0-39642200-1397610494.jpg

• MH81, TomLGT195 and CaseyRides have said thanks

#17 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Looks good so far. Did you paint that with a brush? If so, it turned out really nice.

• CaseyRides said thank you

#18 CaseyRides OFFLINE  

CaseyRides
  • Member No: 75128
  • 8 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 03:36 AM

Looks good so far. Did you paint that with a brush? If so, it turned out really nice.

I sprayed most of the visible parts, the chasis primer coat was done with a brush(did not yet know how to spray paint). I have not yet done the wheels, but that ill get to once iv ridden it around a tad.

• MH81 said thank you

#19 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 863 Thanks
  • 879 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:46 AM

Ok. I've only painted once with a gun, thankfully I was spraying orange. Lol. It was full of "orange peel"

#20 CaseyRides OFFLINE  

CaseyRides
  • Member No: 75128
  • 8 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 01:22 PM

She is running!! drove her around a bit. such a nice sound and feel! haha

I need to play with the fuel mixture a bit though as she smokes here and there(a black colour), also forth gear hops out when under some stress, I pull away fine, but after say 15 seconds(going up a small incline) it pops out. My variable speed is not quite what it should be either(I assume), and the engine might have a nock, but I do not know what it should sound like!

So- as for the fuel mixture, I have set it according to the service manual, but it just died! when I adjust it, im changing the amount of fuel or air it lets in? any tips on that?

Belts, as far as I can see I need flat belts, is this correct?

Internals picture,- the main bar that is attached to the variable pulley has play on the left, it moves as if the bush has gone, any ideas what's in there and how I would fix it?

Other than that, I'm almost in need of the stickers/decals is there a good site to buy them from, world wide shipping? I'm from South Africa. The south African AGCO parts books don't even have the MF-10 manuals( I have a Canadian Massey)

Thanks for the help guys!

Attached Thumbnails

• Belt.jpg
  • Internals.jpg
  • MF-back.jpg
  • Side.jpg

• DH1 and limebuzz have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: massey ferguson, mf-10, mf-12, clutch, fun