7 replies to this topic

#1 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 08:35 AM

For sale is my Sears Gt18 tractor. I bought it a couple months ago thinking I'd do something with it but so far it has just sat around.

The engine fires right up and runs strong, I think the carb needs to be adjusted slightly for it to run perfect. The seat isn't anything special but it's comfortable. The nose has been repaired like most of them and it's a strong repair.

The only issue that the tractor has is that the starter doesn't engage the ring gear smoothly. It makes an ugly grinding sound. I think the starter needs to be shimmed but haven't got around to checking it out. Even though the starter grinds it will still start the engine. 

Asking 300 for the tractor with 3point hitch

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150715_194709.jpg
  • 20150715_194825.jpg
  • 20150715_194838.jpg

• rustyoldjunk, Traill95 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 09:29 AM

Would you consider selling the hitch seperately? Kinda far for the whole tractor. Good price though!

• farmerall said thank you

#3 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 10:14 AM

Would you consider selling the hitch seperately? Kinda far for the whole tractor. Good price though!

At this point I would like to sell everything together for what I paid for it. You will be there first to know if I decide to sell the hitch separately.

• larrybl said thank you

#4 rustyoldjunk ONLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 12:09 PM

The only issue that the tractor has is that the starter doesn't engage the ring gear smoothly. It makes an ugly grinding sound. I think the starter needs to be shimmed but haven't got around to checking it out. Even though the starter grinds it will still start the engine. 

My SS18 had the same issue. I found that the starter mounting holes on the engine are big enough to allow the starter to move around some. I moved the starter up and in on the engine as close to the flywheel as it would go and tighened it back up. It cured the problem for me for the next few months and was still working when I sold it. It most likely isn't a permanent cure but it might work for a while. Chances are the bushing or starter housing is worn letting the shaft move or wobble around. 

Great price on the tractor though.

#5 Red Paint OFFLINE  

Red Paint
  • Member No: 75143
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 01:08 PM

I am seriously interested in the tractor, but am located 4.5 hours away near Cincinnati.

Do you ever get this way? If so, I could pay you for hauling it. I have a truck and trailer but don't have the time for that kind of trip. Meeting halfway or something would work too.

I have been looking for a GT18 for a while, and the three point makes it even better.

Do you have a deck for it?

#6 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 03:18 PM

I am seriously interested in the tractor, but am located 4.5 hours away near Cincinnati.

Do you ever get this way? If so, I could pay you for hauling it. I have a truck and trailer but don't have the time for that kind of trip. Meeting halfway or something would work too.

I have been looking for a GT18 for a while, and the three point makes it even better.

Do you have a deck for it?

I don't get out that way very often, we might be able to work something out to meet half way or so. The only attachment with it right now is the 3pt. Also I forgot to mention that I do Not have a top link for it. If you are interested I also have a front dozer blade and Haban snow blower that I would sell.

#7 Red Paint OFFLINE  

Red Paint
  • Member No: 75143
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 03:50 PM

farmerall, PM sent.

#8 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,148 Thanks