• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted September 15, 2015 - 09:04 PM

What return spring?  I see no place (externally) for a spring to attach to either the pedal or the trans, frame, or pedal.

Just a (so far) brief look from beneath, I saw where the pedal linkage passes thru the trans case. Would the spring be internal within the trans?

#17 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 04:21 PM

I put a link to partstree with the breakdown of the brake linkages.  The spring #13 attaches in the hole on brake rod part number #1 after it goes through brake lever part #11.  The other end hooks on the cross member in the tractor frame on my narrow frames like my 107.  There is a hole on the one rounded corner that it should hook in.  I am not sure if it hooks in the same place on the frame of a quietline or not.  I used to have a 1450 but I cannot remember anymore how it hooked.

http://www.partstree...caliper-brakes/

Edited by IHCubGuy, September 16, 2015 - 04:23 PM.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 04:05 PM

ok./ just ordered some parts for it. flapper for "idiot proof" (safety) switch, gas cap/gauge, new bowl and nut for the Carter carb I have to replace the Walbro, choke cable and spring for brake pedal, I see it on the parts blowup but no such spring on mine.

also got a few pcs for my 129. Hope to get at least  ONE of them ready for snowblower duty this season.

still need lift link from QA 42A snowblower to tractor. and also I think a steering column, as the top of my tube is frayed out and I do not think it would take a replacement upper bearing as it sits..... want to hear it run and have it move under its own powerr before I worry about that steering column too much. 

Edited by dodge trucker, September 27, 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#19 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted October 22, 2015 - 06:52 PM

still waiting for about 1/2 my parts, as I ordered stuff for both the 1250 and 129.  Was supposed to get 2 hydro fans, guy only threw 1 in box. Also got the flapper that holds down the release pins so I can push the 129 if needed, he was "out" so I have to wait til he gets a new batch in before I get the rest of my parts.   waiting on 1 more thing too, forget now what it was all from "Cadet Connection"

current project is to finish insulating and sheating the garage walls with OSB and to get the vent stack thru teh roof and connected to my Modine unit heater so I can work in the garage with something better than a borrowed salamander heater with a leak in the kerosene tank this winter.