• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 backyardtinker OFFLINE  

backyardtinker
  • Member No: 73578
  • 249 Thanks
  • 182 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 07:45 PM

WOW, can't beat that price! It looks like a great seat.
I have a high end commercial mower seat on my Bolens HT23, it looks huge on there but it is great! The seat belt is also nice to have

Looks like  comfortable seat. Did it bolt right up or did you have to make a special mount for yours too? Can't wait to mount mine. :D

Edited by backyardtinker, September 11, 2015 - 07:47 PM.

• BTS said thank you

#17 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 08:12 AM

Looks like  comfortable seat. Did it bolt right up or did you have to make a special mount for yours too? Can't wait to mount mine. :D

The seat that I used had a metal frame on the bottom of it, I just drilled holes in the frame and bolted it on.

• backyardtinker said thank you

#18 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 08:42 AM

Who needs a seat beeeeeellllllttttttt........... :D

The seat belt is really handy when using the push blade.

A friend of mine had a Roper (8hp), he was pushing snow and hit a piece of sidewalk that was sticking up. He pushed the sidewalk for about 10 feet and bent the steering wheel with his stomach.

• wvbuzzmaster, holdenboy1960 and backyardtinker have said thanks

#19 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 11:21 AM

Suspension seats are great! Good find! I had a similar situation - bought an old Jacobsen fairway mower for the diesel engine a while back, and it had a nice suspension seat on it that was an added plus! Mine will end up on the Deere 2320 CUT - the wife wants a better seat for "her" tractor, and the brownie points will help when I drag the next "treasure" home.....

For fixing your seat tears, something I have done before is to use a piece of vinyl on the underside of the tear - like you would patch a tire.... Use an exacto knife to free the seat fabric loose from the under-foam for an inch or so around the tear. Make a patch out of scrap vinyl that fits the underside area. I use 3m weatherstrip adhesive - comes in yellow or black - put adhesive on both sides of the patch and work it under the tear, between the seat vinyl and the foam underneath it.  Then use a little adhesive to fill in the depression of the crack and skim the torn edges so they won't catch and pull up later.

If you are careful, you won't even notice the repair, and it makes it waterproof and less likely to pull off or open the tear up....

• holdenboy1960 said thank you