• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Justamccoy OFFLINE  

Justamccoy
  • Member No: 71720
  • 11 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 09:50 PM

How do u get rid of the interlock sys on an ariens gt 17 I'm having a lot of problems with it so I'm going to get rid of all the safety equipment any one know how to do it let me know thanks
  • chieffan and pick-to-stone have said thanks

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:09 PM

gotta unwrap the harness and sort it out, a wire diagram helps.  Whether that means to find out why the interlocks are not working or whether that means to eliminate them, that is your call.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:57 PM

I strongly suggest you figure out any and all neutral start type safety interlocks. I have been hooking up neutral start safety switches that previous owners bypassed whenever I figure out why they did so and how to repair that. I have had a few tractors begin to drive away without me when I start them without sitting on them (yes I know), but the point is if you have to have the parking brake set to start it it isn't going anywhere... And I'm not hooking them up just for me... I'm hooking them up for everyone within striking distance of an unmanned tractor.
  • shorty and chieffan have said thanks

#4 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• Member No: 1059
  • 70 Thanks
  • 152 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 02:46 AM

How do u get rid of the interlock sys on an ariens gt 17 I'm having a lot of problems with it so I'm going to get rid of all the safety equipment any one know how to do it let me know thanks

No disrespect intended, but if you do not know how to remove the safety devices, how do you know the safety devices are causing problems? Maybe you have a faulty ignition switch or coil, or maybe an intermittent ground (happened to me). The Service Manual has outstanding electrical diagrams which will allow you to troubleshoot virtually any electrical problem or disable safety interlocks. For your sake, I hope you do the former.

Edited by artbuc, September 09, 2015 - 02:57 AM.

• shorty and chieffan have said thanks

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,538 Thanks
  • 3,924 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 04:47 AM

Totally agree with above. The service manual diagrams are good. But if it is ever going to be used when anyone else is around, it might be best left on.
  • chieffan said thank you

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 05:15 AM

Not only for your safety, but the safety of others around, I would at least try to troubleshoot the switches and repair...
From a forum standpoint, we cant condone the bypassing of the switches as a permanant measure for liability reasons.
The guys have given great advice on a good next step.
If you need help troubleshooting, pleas start a new thread to avoid confusion and to increase visibility.
  • olcowhand, wilberj, DougT and 3 others have said thanks