• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:19 AM

You Power King people are a special breed of people and might find it difficult to operate anything without an offset steering wheel so I found this for you when for when you are too old to walk around shows any longer.It's not my unit and if it were I might have the price a couple dollars lower.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item25abc3e8cb

$_57.JPG

• Gtractor, Alc, Dieselcubmike and 3 others have said thanks

#2 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:39 AM

Is it hydro or 5 speed??

#3 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:55 AM

Is it hydro or 5 speed??

3 speed.I think it has a PK/Crosley transmission.

#4 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 328 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 01:11 PM

What amazes me most about this pos, is the amount of time and energy (and cash to some extent) that someone invested.  Even if all the parts were free, I wouldnt have wanted to waste welding wire and a quart of black paint.

And $4999? Really? Wow. Someone is sniffing glue

Edited by grnlark, September 08, 2015 - 01:12 PM.

• Bolens 1000 and Bill 76 have said thanks

#5 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 01:24 PM

I could get into so much trouble with that thing, sadly I don't think I'm alone in that thought.

• Username and Marty'70 have said thanks

#6 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,570 Thanks
  • 3,895 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 03:54 PM

What amazes me most about this pos, is the amount of time and energy (and cash to some extent) that someone invested.  Even if all the parts were free, I wouldnt have wanted to waste welding wire and a quart of black paint.

I guess I'm one of those time and energy wasters too.   :(      

I spent a lot of time building a garden tractor that really serves no purpose.  I have used it occasionally to pull my sprayer around this place killing weeds in fencerows, and thistles in the pasture.  Even had to purchase some high dollar nickle rod to weld up some cast iron hubs to mount the back wheels.  I could just as easily have used a factory built machine.   Just think of all that leisure time I wasted, when I could have plopped my fat azz in front of the TV,  and watched some pro-wrestling.  Shame on me.   :wallbanging:

Caser.jpg

• KennyP and Username have said thanks

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 04:20 PM

My Brother always goes thru many powered electric chairs and says they are all junk. He cobbles and modifies the heck out of them to keep going. He says they don't hold up, not built sturdy enough. THIS one ought to fit his bill. Be kinda stinky in house tho. :smilewink:

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#8 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 04:36 PM

And $4999? Really? Wow. Someone is sniffing glue

I would guess that 50 years ago when this thing was built it would have been a blessing to anyone in a wheel chair who wanted to travel and was probably well worth the time and effort put into especially considering what was available as far as wheel chairs were concerned.

• Gtractor and adamjd200 have said thanks

#9 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 717 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 08:16 PM

It's the hub caps that drove the price up. :smilewink:

• KennyP said thank you

#10 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 10:56 PM

I would guess that 50 years ago when this thing was built it would have been a blessing to anyone in a wheel chair who wanted to travel and was probably well worth the time and effort put into especially considering what was available as far as wheel chairs were concerned.

I tend to agree with this, we got to realize that this wasn't built recently, and back then someone who was wheelchair bound would have benefited greatly from this machine, a lot has changed in 50 years, back then it wasn't crazy.  

#11 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 328 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 05:52 AM

I guess I'm one of those time and energy wasters too.   :(      

I spent a lot of time building a garden tractor that really serves no purpose.  I have used it occasionally to pull my sprayer around this place killing weeds in fencerows, and thistles in the pasture.  Even had to purchase some high dollar nickle rod to weld up some cast iron hubs to mount the back wheels.  I could just as easily have used a factory built machine.   Just think of all that leisure time I wasted, when I could have plopped my fat azz in front of the TV,  and watched some pro-wrestling.  Shame on me.   :wallbanging:

attachicon.gifCaser.jpg

There is a difference between a useful machine for the pastures and a chair with wheels. Maybe my outlook on the chair would be different if he wasn't insane at $4999. His finger aparently got stuck on the 9 too long.

• Gtractor said thank you

#12 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 328 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 05:54 AM

I tend to agree with this, we got to realize that this wasn't built recently, and back then someone who was wheelchair bound would have benefited greatly from this machine, a lot has changed in 50 years, back then it wasn't crazy.  

My apologies - I was under the impression it was recently built. In that case, I hope it served someone well. I still think the sellers finger got stuck on the 9 button though. At his current price he might as well roll it back in the corner and shut off the computer