3 replies to this topic

#1 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 353 Thanks
  • 357 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 09:29 AM

Not mine.  Should go quick at this price!

http://buffalo.craig...5210483095.html

#2 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,898 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 05:55 PM

If that were "Lockport IL" I'd be on my way to go get it already.... have no idea where Lockport NY is (except that NY is too far away and I don't know anyone in the area)

I just tripped on a Cub Cadet 1250 that I had running already on starter fluid, bought cheaper than most "parts" K301s bring, by themselves.   Hoping that concentrating on that for a while, will bring down the price of Ariens stuff around here... it seems I have been finding Cub attachments cheap and plentiful in this area (tractors don't seem to be though)  and have been "threatening" to convert over if I don't start finding reasonably priced Ariens stuff...... now watch Cub stuff balloon in price now that I have that machine.... I ran into this when I had the basketcase S 16 several years ago, after I got rid of it, stuff started becoming available. now I get a GT19 and stuff dries up again.

• Billy M said thank you

#3 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 353 Thanks
  • 357 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 10:13 AM

If it were by me, it would be in my barn already as well.

I had a CC 1200 (gear drive version of your 1250).  It was a nice machine.  If that has the rubber motor mounts, make sure you double check them.  They are a common wear point on those.  That was my only complaint on it.  I've seen those motor mounts wear out and the oil pan wear a hole in itself rubbing on the frame.

CC parts/attachments are easier to find around here as well.  I've been pretty lucky with my Ariens finds.  I'm picking up another tractor (GT16) w/deck this weekend to add to the herd.  The fact that I occasionally drive between Dayton and Cleveland has helped.

#4 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,898 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 05:11 PM

well at least you get a few Ariens pop up around your area.... occasionally I see the HT and YT's,  I do see a ton of their push mowers and snow blowers (walk behind kind) 
A buddy has both a 1200 and a 1250, I went thru both about 6-7 years ago and had them in top shape; he lets em sit out all year and they are dead again  (I dont get why, up til a couple years ago he always had them inside when not actually being used)