#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 06, 2015 - 09:41 PM

Have Speedex with v-twin and an electric pto clutch. Clutch came with tractor, no engine at that time. In box are drive pulley to put on first. Then the clutch should fit. I tried and line-up looks good for both. This clutch still has chain to hold, not bolt to engine. Is a very snail metal arm that looks like should line up ok from engine to small chain. Looks kinda wimpy tho and IS bent some where it bolts up. Anyone have picture of one of these engines with this kinda clutch? The wires are on outside now, very short, not sure how they routed power. Maybe wire ran out that same mount strap for the chain then? Speedex manuals don't show this newer set-up.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 10:53 AM

Looking at old pix of big Speedex I once built and found a couple of similar VG engine and clutch. It also just has that arm to chain to, but was much beefier for sure. I can see where bolted to engine case bolt here. SO, that one with mine must have been right, just don't like how small it is and might make a diff one like this picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• 154.JPG
  • DSCN0207.JPG