OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 04:56 PM

I have two A-Frame adapters.  One By Ballard and one by Brinly.

The Ballard is nice for the 'tow tab' that is on the opposite side of the sleeve hitch adapter, but the adapter is limited as to side to side adjustment.

The Brinly has more holes for side to side adjustment and possibly other uses.

Since you are making your own, I'd suggest you copy the Brinly design, and add the 'tow tab'.

Edited by OldBuzzard, September 07, 2015 - 05:06 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 05:24 PM

Casey,,,   I built one just like Kenny has  pointed out ..  You can get the pins at most tractor supply houses. I did have to score the bends half way throu with a hack saw to make the bends crisp and strait ,,then weld the cuts back up.. I tried without making the cuts and when I heated them to bend,, they bent crooked...   Hope this helps...

PS,,, Ballard also makes them.

A 20 Ton Press helps a lot for those bends!

• wvbuzzmaster and sodisr have said thanks

#18 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 05:38 PM

Kenny, I have the tools, I just don't have endless steel or ability to actually focus on the one plan to achieve the goal.

I should have a three point on it by the weekend though. The rear rockshaft assembly shoud be here tomorrow, and I just won an unidentified 3 point lift arms, adjusters, and top link on eBay. I have since figured out they are fo the Case/Ingersoll 3 point hitch. No worries to purists, no modifications will be made and if someone needs them for their Case/Ingersoll I can be persuaded to trade them out.
  • KennyP said thank you

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 05:39 PM

Kenny, I have the tools, I just don't have endless steel or ability to actually focus on the one plan to achieve the goal.

I should have a three point on it by the weekend though. The rear rockshaft assembly shoud be here tomorrow, and I just won an unidentified 3 point lift arms, adjusters, and top link on eBay. I have since figured out they are fo the Case/Ingersoll 3 point hitch. No worries to purists, no modifications will be made and if someone needs them for their Case/Ingersoll I can be persuaded to trade them out.

I don't have and endless supply of steel here either. Just things I have gathered.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 05:43 PM

I don't have and endless supply of steel here either. Just things I have gathered.

Oh, I know that Kenny. It just appears like you have the correct source of steel for every project... Either that or you are metallurgist of sorts...
  • KennyP said thank you

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Oh, I know that Kenny. It just appears like you have the correct source of steel for every project... Either that or you are metallurgist of sorts...

Nope on all accounts! I just gather metal and then have a choice when I go to build something!

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you