I have a few different projects on the go, but managed to get some time to work on the tiller.Last weekend I built a bracket that attached to the lift arm on the tiller and connected to the lift rod from my sleeve hitch. I thought I had done great until I tried to move the tractor and tiller. I made the rookie mistake of not having it on even ground while working on it. I had lots of ground contact in the full down position and about 4" of air under the tines at full lift. Awsome. Until I tried to move it. On level ground the tines were into the dirt at full lift and the tiller "hitch" (?) was hitting the drawbar on the tractor, so there was no way to get it off the ground. I decided to leave it for a bit to think about a solution to the drawbar clearance issue.
I decided I would grind out the hitch piece on the tiller just enough to clear the drawbar. I mounted it up so I could see exactly where to grind and how much, then realized that if I just unbolted the drawbar, flipped it so it curved up instead of down, my clearance issue would be solved. I then had to drill a new hole in my bracket to get the correct amount of lift. Two holes actually, got it right the second time. And we have liftoff!
Now I just have to finish tearing it down, order seals and possibly bearings, and find or build a driveshaft for it. I will post pictures in a bit.
Edit: The first picture shows the clearance issue, the second picture shows the solution, The third picture is my sleeve hitch bracket, compared to the one I built for the tiller. The rest of the pictures show the progress till I got the hole in the right place.
Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, September 06, 2015 - 04:33 PM.