#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Been building my 1240. There is a lever thru the dash to pull and turn to lock for mower belt tension?

All I have is the lever, which is now moving and good at dash. Not sure where or what this connects to. I have parts pages, very hard to read, so much stuff on them. The little dotted lines fade out and don't always get to the place they are supposed to point to. I now think I'm missing a bracket with small shaft that bolts maybe to engine mount bolts???  and a link tube with two arms on it that goes on that shaft? Is a pulley on one arm, spring to frame on other?  Not sure how the rod in dash goes to that linkage? It is L shaped on end and the whole end turns then when locking out in engage. SO, is that just a tough spring connecting?  I have a few mower hanger parts and a deck I pulled off frame long ago. I'll have to round them up again and see what I have. Think it is only the hangers and the flat side pulley mount that goes on frame. Not getting the V side pulley and how it works??? Not sure I'm gonna have those parts. A picture would be nice if you can get into a tractor to see it very good. There is also a bracket on the back of engine that is bent on end and has a bolt thread in it near where this hardware might be. maybe that is part of the bracket w/out the shaft? that I'm seeing in pictures?  My parts book also says it should be a cable to dash, and not the rod like I have. Yet in one parts page, it shows the rod for dash, under the body page. I'm really confused on what I have or need or am doing. Driving me nuts!  Or at least Closer to being nuts then I  already am, ha!

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted September 06, 2015 - 09:22 PM

Found the parts mixed with mower mounts in box I got with mower. Think I have on right now.Thanks G.L.!