jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 01:46 AM

Finally got a chance to post in the middle of all the moving and new job confusion.  I replied to an ad on CL and was able to pick it up the next day.  Not too far away either.  I had a blast chatting with the gentleman I bought it from about our tractors.  My friend who came along for the ride was probably a little overwhelmed with all the "business" talk of our hobby.

In accordance with marital rules and regulations, I justified the purchase with the sale of my White GT1000 to a friend from the old stomping grounds.  Now he has the only two that show up on a Google image search and I'm happy it will have a good home.  I hope that the previous owner of the T&C feels the same.  I will treat it well my friend, I will treat it well.  It did come with the original front wheels/tires as well.

White T&C 110.JPG

BTW, it does not have a serial ID tag.  If anyone out there has a parts machine or an ID tag that would be proper for this tractor I would be interested.  Sure would like to add it to the T&C registry.

• EricFromPa, KennyP, boyscout862 and 5 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 10:06 AM

Shouldn't it be Blue? Not an early one?

#3 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,275 Thanks
  • 1,770 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 10:46 AM

Finally got a chance to post in the middle of all the moving and new job confusion.  I replied to an ad on CL and was able to pick it up the next day.  Not too far away either.  I had a blast chatting with the gentleman I bought it from about our tractors.  My friend who came along for the ride was probably a little overwhelmed with all the "business" talk of our hobby.

In accordance with marital rules and regulations, I justified the purchase with the sale of my White GT1000 to a friend from the old stomping grounds.  Now he has the only two that show up on a Google image search and I'm happy it will have a good home.  I hope that the previous owner of the T&C feels the same.  I will treat it well my friend, I will treat it well.  It did come with the original front wheels/tires as well.

attachicon.gifWhite T&C 110.JPG

BTW, it does not have a serial ID tag.  If anyone out there has a parts machine or an ID tag that would be proper for this tractor I would be interested.  Sure would like to add it to the T&C registry.

so the id tag which is on the lower left side of the grille is missing? Just want to make sure you know where it is that's all. BTW nice machine and a rare tractor!

#4 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 10:51 AM

Cool GT and I think it is blue grumpster

#5 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 10:51 AM

so the id tag which is on the lower left side of the grille is missing? Just want to make sure you know where it is that's all. BTW nice machine and a rare tractor!

Yep, it's gone.  Got a quick spray repaint at one time but the decals still show through.

• KennyP and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#6 backyardtinker OFFLINE  

backyardtinker
  • Member No: 73578
  • 249 Thanks
  • 182 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 12:24 PM

nice find! Good luck with it.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted September 05, 2015 - 05:26 PM

Yep, it's gone.  Got a quick spray repaint at one time but the decals still show through.

There is a thread on cleaning those stickers that johndeereelfman did!