wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 01:13 AM

Glad to hear DT, get a motor on it and take it for a drive.

#17 1964Deere OFFLINE  

1964Deere

• Member No: 1547
  • 248 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 10:02 AM

if so the plunger is broke off but I see no raw edges on the plunger to indicate that, though I had the same thoughts about it.

No I think it is a retaining clip
On the inside it fell out and allowed the plunger to pass through. Not actually hooked on to the plunger so shouldn't see any marks etc.

#18 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 03:09 PM

Glad to hear DT, get a motor on it and take it for a drive.

working on that as we speak... that fresh zero hour 12hp Magnum is bolted in, in progress of doing exhaust and hooking everything up. Did not want to use that motor because I have so much tied up into it and being lesser HP than original but what I was finding otherwise for a good used one would have cost me more by the time I had gotten it here... ld really like that 14 that NJKen advertised here.... theres a 16 Magnum single on CL about 120 miles away, supposed to run good and not smoke but for what he's asking I can't do it.    with the events around here this past week (bad) and what we have going next week (good but will cost me some $$$) money will be short for a while around here.....

Edited by dodge trucker, May 14, 2016 - 09:07 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#19 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 06:30 PM

well took it for a ride around the yard today on its own power.  I left the balance gears out of this 12hp Magnum that I put onto it, don't really seem to have much shake/vibration at all.

had to tube one of the back tires, the rotten valve busted off, I replaced the valve but still would not hold air overnite.... I got tubes for both rear tires because they are so cracked up in the sidewalls.....

still some work to do, gotta wire up a seperate on/off toggle since the Magnums do not run points/battery ignition. gotta hook up the throttle and choke cables, and figure out why they arc/spark between themselves and anything metal that they touch...
I see some bare wiring in the bundle right where they pass thru the grommet on the steering tower, probably means a rewire...

still need an air cleaner assembly (actually need 2) for a K301-321-341  this tractor was missing its unit when I got it, the engine that I rebuilt and have on there right now also came to me "incomplete"  

Though I see the holes that were used originally on this engine's shroud for the throttle/choke controls, the shroud has 3 holes so you can position this linkage in 2 different places, I had to use the middle and outer hole (furthest away from aluminum engine cover plate) instead of the near and middle hole as this engine originally used... I see the original K321 had the other style gov linkage that takes the short spring, may need to rob that linkage and use that instead so that my control cables line up right....

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like a winner, so how are you liking your New Holland? It is a beast, aint it? :D

#21 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 09:35 PM

can't say yet... put brand new tube in RR tire and 3 hours later/ flat AGAIN