9 replies to this topic

#1 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 10:37 AM

Does anyone on here have, or know anything about a newholland 4330 narrow vineyard tractor. NH parts websites don't seem to want to accept this model no. Need to know if I can put turf wheels, and tires on rear to be able to mow on steep hillside.

Thanks for any help, George

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 04:20 PM

I think you are barkin' up the wrong tree. Vineyard tractors are narrow [even says so in your post] and you don't want a narrow tractor around steep hillsides. I have yet to roll a tractor but I doubt it would be a good experience - - or outcome! You need to plan on using a different tractor!
  • dryrun said thank you

#3 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 09:24 PM

Center of gravity is what you have to watch. If smaller diameter turf tires, set wide enough to keep cog low enough, should be same as Cub loboys, they are narrow, but with low profile wide set turf tires, don't have any problem. The only thing I see narrow about this tractor is the deep disc that mounts the rear wheels, insets the rears to be real narrow. will check with NH dealer for wheels.

George

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted April 10, 2011 - 09:56 PM

You are right on about C.O.G. I am unfamiliar with the 4330, could you reverse the wheels and put the offset out?

#5 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 08:33 PM

Gtractor, thanks for input. I have already moved wheels out as far as i can with regular parts. Checked with dealer today, he advised having a machine shop make new wheel disc with more offset. as long as I stay with 24 inch wheels on rear, it is 4wd, so must stay with 24inch wheel size because of gear ratios. Think I will stay with your advice, am now looking for cheap turf tractor.LOL

#6 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 02:03 PM

I find it extremly hard to find info on Vinyard/ Orchard Tractors. Yes they are narrow to get between rows of grapes and trees.
And I too have nothing but one big hill on my 8.9 acres. They interested me since orchard and produce is what I plan to grow.
Kubota Has a small model designated 2320 N I think it was around 36" wide and I wish I could find someone who has one. I have questions about it's stability. That's about the width of my 318 and it does not make me nervous on my hill, excepting one spot I don't mow along the road ditch.

Edited by JD DANNELS, April 12, 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#7 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 13, 2011 - 08:52 PM

bevis extate 001 (Small).jpg Jd Daniels, thought you might like these pics of vineyard tractor. In case you cannot read plate, MOD 4330 VDT Ser no FO or F01121256 Motor no. 8035.06 When I was on N. H. web site, kept coming up with a tractor model TC30. I have been thinking about going to FIAT web sit in Modena, Italy. to just see if anything was available. Might be something to try. If you try this, pse let me know what you find. Just pm me. or post to this thread. If you need any measurements on this unit, shoot me a pm and I will be glad to measure any thing you need. I have used this tractor on the big hill, and really don't have any bad feelings about it. My problem is with the big Case farm tractor that I pull the 16 foot folding bat wing Woods bush Hog with. It will really raise your PUCKER FACTOR to record levels. If you have wide rear tires on your 318, I don't think you will have any problem at all. the owner of this estate wants to fully develop the entire 160 acres with rental log cabins, golf cart trails, and other hiking trails. so will be spending a lot of time getting woods and un- developed areas finished. If there is anything I can help you with, pm me and I will be glad to help. We mow over 80 acres of fescue grass a week. I have spent the last two days trying to get a Toro Parkmaster reel machine dialed in to mow while the bat wing is down for parts.

Attached Thumbnails

• bevis extate 004 (Small).jpg

#8 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 05:56 AM

If you really have to use the vineyard Ford would it be possible for you to put dual wheels on the rear? That would give you maybe 2 feet or so more width across the back.
  • dryrun said thank you

#9 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 10:31 PM

Mike, that is an option I have been considering. I think that would give me the extra width that I need. without any major mods to tractor.

#10 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 18, 2011 - 09:23 PM

JDdaniels, Went to kubota and was talking to salesman, he gave me a number M8200 and M8540HBNBCN, and HDN BC10/narrow. don't know if these nos will help you or not, like you said, info is not easy to come by.

Regards, george