It looks well built!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 06:41 AM

Those are neat tires on it.  I've seen that syle of PTO clutch before.

WWII Era is getting to mean less and less. I was talking to a 22 year old college graduate. She thought that the Vietnam War was part of WWII. What are they teaching in the schools now? Good Luck, Rick

Notice in the background of the 3rd to last pic, an Iseki(?) and an interesting tiller.

Edited by boyscout862, September 02, 2015 - 06:45 AM.

• Alc and JD DANNELS have said thanks

#4 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 07:19 AM

WWII Era is getting to mean less and less. I was talking to a 22 year old college graduate. She thought that the Vietnam War was part of WWII. What are they teaching in the schools now? Good Luck, Rick

Notice in the background of the 3rd to last pic, an Iseki(?) and an interesting tiller.

It's call "common core".....

The Vietnam war is to WWII as apples are to oranges and the sky is purple which equals the price of coffee in France.  :loosing_it:

The tiller looks to be a 3point Sears with an engine swap. It is mounted to a Sears suburban

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 07:51 AM

I have two granddaughters who have gotten through High School in the past 3 yrs.
American History is a very small part of their education.
Conversation around the table, has amazed me, in that mention of presidents and famous Americans brings blank stares and (who is that?). I have two brothers that graduated from High School and could barely read at a 2nd grade level. Instead of teaching them,they just passed them on to the next grade where they were not taught again.
Both have taught themselves to read much better. They were not dumb, one was an auto body worker for 33 yrs and is now a chemicals equipment tech for a restaurant supply distributor. The other was a machinist at Ver Meer and Maytag before retiring.

#6 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 07:56 AM

"No student left behind" ....whether they learn anything or not. :wallbanging:

#7 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 08:01 AM

It's call "common core".....

The Vietnam war is to WWII as apples are to oranges and the sky is purple which equals the price of coffee in France.  :loosing_it:

The tiller looks to be a 3point Sears with an engine swap. It is mounted to a Sears suburban

I have two granddaughters who have gotten through High School in the past 3 yrs.
American History is a very small part of their education.
Conversation around the table, has amazed me, in that mention of presidents and famous Americans brings blank stares and (who is that?). I have two brothers that graduated from High School and could barely read at a 2nd grade level. Instead of teaching them,they just passed them on to the next grade where they were not taught again.
Both have taught themselves to read much better. They were not dumb, one was an auto body worker for 33 yrs and is now a chemicals equipment tech for a restaurant supply distributor. The other was a machinist at Ver Meer and Maytag before retiring.

WWII was Dad's war and Nam was ours(though I didn't go). This is all part of the "Dumbing down of America" to eliminate the middle class. They say the kids are doing better on the tests, but it is because they have made the tests so easy. It is sad for our kids. Good Luck, Rick

• JD DANNELS and TAHOE have said thanks

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 09:44 AM

WWII was Dad's war and Nam was ours(though I didn't go). This is all part of the "Dumbing down of America" to eliminate the middle class. They say the kids are doing better on the tests, but it is because they have made the tests so easy. It is sad for our kids. Good Luck, Rick

Nor did I, Army,Air Force, Marines, and National Guard Said I was physically unfit for service.

Politically Correct is another way of saying selective prejudice.

This ball player is taking a lot of flack for giving back the awards his sons were given for participation instead of performance.
That clearly shows where our society is going.

Edited by JD DANNELS, September 02, 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#9 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted September 02, 2015 - 10:41 AM

Nor did I, Army,Air Force, Marines, and National Guard Said I was physically unfit for service.

Politically Correct is another way of saying selective prejudice.

This ball player is taking a lot of flack for giving back the awards his sons were given for participation instead of performance.
That clearly shows where our society is going.

I tried to join up in 1969 but I am nearsighted and color blind. To get a waver, I had to get a degree in engineering. I was allowed to join Army ROTC in my last two years of college. By the time I got on active duty, Nam was over. I ended up with 27 years of active and reserve duty. Sure glad I did, that Army retirement check just balances our budget. Good Luck, Rick