3 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 05:17 PM

Trying to get the lift cylinder out to get it rebuilt.  Front pin came out with no problem.  But how does one go about getting the back pin out, the one on the end of the ram?  Nothing in any manual I have seen that says how it is to be done.  Just if it is leaking, rebuild it.  But you have to get it out of the tractor first.

I thought the rock shaft would slide out to the left far enough to allow the pin to go out the other way.  That is not happening.  It has been soaking for 6 hours and has not budge one bit.  Using a flat end punch and 3 lb hammer and it is dead solid.  Any suggestions short of the blue wrench will be appreciated.

#2 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 06:45 PM

Have had the same problem on a few large frames,no matter how much hammering,and soaking,wouldn't move
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 08:22 PM

So what was your next move?  Rebuild it under the tractor? 

When I get the front axle back under it I can stand it on its tail and work on it that way?

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted September 01, 2015 - 07:01 PM

Everything back together with a rebuilt front axle and all.  Cylinder was good but the one hose had a hole in it that sprayed fluid all over the place.  Replaced the hoe and put it all back together and it worked like a charm.  Ended up making a 1" hole in the side frame of the tractor to get that bottom pin out.  Replaced the carb with the one off the original engine.  Tractor is up and run A OK.  I know I am going to really like that hydro tractor.  Have a hydro in my mower unit but that is not the same as a tractor by any means.

Edited by chieffan, September 01, 2015 - 07:17 PM.

• Paulgo said thank you