• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,150 Thanks
  • 4,528 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 12:56 PM

Been wanting/needing a pressure washer. Wife has been looking at reviews on washers and everyone on the market has something that folks don't like.
We found this one that has been repaired due to a damaged wand and was $150 off the regular price.

20150830_120256_zpsgez9cuh9.jpg
  • Gtractor, CRFarnsworth and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,171 Thanks
  • 5,684 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 04:10 PM

One of the big problems I have found is in the wand.  The trigger is all plastic and after it has been used a while, like in a year or so, you cannot squeeze the trigger and turn the water back on.  The trigger only bends.  The second thing is those cheap plastic hoses that are stiff and like to curl the wrong direction all the time.  Get it on the muffler cover and you have a two piece hose.  From the way your hose is sticking out it looks to be the plastic hose.  First chance you find a rubber hose and a brass triggered wand buy them cause your going to need them.  My experience with pressure washer wands and hoses.

• KC9KAS said thank you

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,150 Thanks
  • 4,528 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 04:36 PM

One of the big problems I have found is in the wand.  The trigger is all plastic and after it has been used a while, like in a year or so, you cannot squeeze the trigger and turn the water back on.  The trigger only bends.  The second thing is those cheap plastic hoses that are stiff and like to curl the wrong direction all the time.  Get it on the muffler cover and you have a two piece hose.  From the way your hose is sticking out it looks to be the plastic hose.  First chance you find a rubber hose and a brass triggered wand buy them cause your going to need them.  My experience with pressure washer wands and hoses.

I have and use a LANDA hp washer at work. This is a portable washer with about a 13 hp Honda engine and it cost close to $6000 and it has a rubber hose and brass couplings and is still a pain in the butt to man-handle.

#4 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 431 Thanks
  • 397 posts

Posted September 09, 2015 - 10:05 AM

I got a decent Karcher gas pressure washer at a yard sale for $50. A decent running Tech engine. Used it about 2 years or so and this year the wand does not want to work. Seems that a brass valve inside is stuck on or a part is missing from the trigger asm. I don't see it being a missing part as there is no where for it to go the wand being a sealed enclosed space. Guess it's time to get out the wallet.