4 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:54 AM

I have a G16XT with a sleeve hitch that originally was to use a cable to lift it.  It has a 12 V winch mounted on the back to do the work now.  My recently purchased H16XL does not have the sleeve hitch as yet.  Need to figure how the lift is set up on these as there is not opening in the back for any cable or lift rod.

My question is do the two tractors use the same sleeve hitch, or are they built different?

How is the lift rod set up to link from the hitch to the lift linkage on the H16XL?

I have the manual for the XL sleeve hitch but it only shows the cable lift.  Thanks for any advise.  My first Hydro and have some learning and getting used to with it.

• Traill95 said thank you

#2 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 376 Thanks
  • 392 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:01 PM

I might have a sleeve hitch that will fit. I picked it up thinking that it would work on my h14, but the lift rod connection was not right. I think I was told that it was for medium frame? Let me know if you are interested.
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 05:25 PM

The H14 will take the same as any of the other Tube Frame tractors.  I had one of mine built at a cost of $90 but he did all bends.  If I do another one I wll cut the bend area 1/2 through or a little more, make the bend and then weld the gap shut.  Mush faster, more accurate and thus a lot cheaper.

#4 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,576 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 07:01 PM

Which motor did you use on the h16XL?  Also Thanks for the tomatoes, Had Blt's and Sweet corn for supper tonight. Cut up two tomatoes and what didn't go on the Blt's  went on my plate.

• chieffan said thank you

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,510 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 06:41 AM

Which motor did you use on the h16XL?  Also Thanks for the tomatoes, Had Blt's and Sweet corn for supper tonight. Cut up two tomatoes and what didn't go on the Blt's  went on my plate.

Used the HH160 out of the H16 with bad hydro.  It has the fixed jet carb and must have a speck of dirt in it as it don't want to run right a low speed.  Going to pull the carb off the original motor and put it on mine and see what happens.