Looking at a Bolens 1476

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waynegdg OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10732
  • 53 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 07:36 AM

I have an opportunity to pick up a running Bolens 1476, comes with mower deck, wheel weights and a front mount blade. I can post pics later, the guys asking $400 for it and the attachments. Is this a fair price? Are these good machines? I have no prior Bolens experience, looking for some info on this model. Thanks for any input.

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,515 Thanks
  • 7,378 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 07:48 AM

That should be a Large Frame(LF) Bolens with a 14hp Wisconsin. It will be hydrostatic with hydraulic lift. If it runs and works well that is a very good price. The problem with it will be that once you use it, your other GTs will be ignored(and jealous). Go look at it as soon as possible. Good Luck, Rick

My favorite favorite GT is my Bolens 1250 (2 years earlier than yours).

Checkout this brouchure for it:  http://gardentractor...actor-brochure/

Edited by boyscout862, August 29, 2015 - 08:07 AM.

• waynegdg said thank you

#3 sodisr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9153
  • 648 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:17 PM

wayne,,,   I have a 1477.. you will love it if it runs and drives... If it drives,, check the forward and reverse and listen to it... Doe's it whine,??  also check if it will pull up a hill ,, or pull a load.. All indications of a worn hydro..  Repairable but can get expensive.. other than that,, parts are reasonably available...

Good luck in your'e endever.........