• 9,784 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 11:49 AM

Ryan green aerator - $100 (Windham)

<>
00b0b_lK6gyCrH8B3_600x450.jpg
00u0u_gwuq65gwoV6_600x450.jpg
01313_1fbl085T6Y_600x450.jpg
00b0b_lK6gyCrH8B3_50x50c.jpg00u0u_gwuq65gwoV6_50x50c.jpg01313_1fbl085T6Y_50x50c.jpg

I bought it. He told me that if it didn't sell he was going to take the engine off and scrap it. It is too cool to scrap. The engine runs but the clutch is jammed. More on this later. Good Luck, Rick

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,784 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 02:20 PM

I got it off the trailer and found that 2 parts in the clutch are broken. There was water in the oil of the engine. He demonstrated it running, so, hopefully it didn't do any damage. I'm draining the oil and I lubed everywhere that I could find. The 8 spikes move up and down when the engine is cranked by hand. The nonworking clutch operates forward. Ryan is still in business but most are off this afternoon so I will call Monday for info. Does anybody have one of these? Good Luck, Rick

#3 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 03:06 PM

I got it off the trailer and found that 2 parts in the clutch are broken. There was water in the oil of the engine. He demonstrated it running, so, hopefully it didn't do any damage. I'm draining the oil and I lubed everywhere that I could find. The 8 spikes move up and down when the engine is cranked by hand. The nonworking clutch operates forward. Ryan is still in business but most are off this afternoon so I will call Monday for info. Does anybody have one of these? Good Luck, Rick

Ryan is still around but I'm doubtful that they would have parts anymore. If they do have the parts I'd be prepared to pay a decent bit for them. When I work at a gold course and we had to buy replacement stuff for our Cushmans some of the stuff was NLA and the rest was priced high.

If you are looking for used parts I don't think you'll have much luck on ebay. I would try to find somewhere that deals with used Turf equipment or try to search local golf courses bone yard, if they will let you look. Where I used to work we had what was left of one of those aerators.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,784 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Ryan is still around but I'm doubtful that they would have parts anymore. If they do have the parts I'd be prepared to pay a decent bit for them. When I work at a gold course and we had to buy replacement stuff for our Cushmans some of the stuff was NLA and the rest was priced high.

If you are looking for used parts I don't think you'll have much luck on ebay. I would try to find somewhere that deals with used Turf equipment or try to search local golf courses bone yard, if they will let you look. Where I used to work we had what was left of one of those aerators.

Thanks. I was hoping to get a manual when I called them. I figure the Kohler K161 with the gear reducer was worth the price. I changed the oil and added a muffler. The carb needs a cleanning but the rest seemed fine on the engine. I ran the engine and the spikes moved up and down. It is kind of fascinating to watch. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, August 29, 2015 - 07:26 AM.