5 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 07:33 PM

Another one of those all day trips across the Great State of Iowa.  Going after another tractor of course.  Fellow site member is going to meet me in Burlington where we make the trade, my money for his tractor.  Getting one to replace the H16 that ended up with a bad Hydro unit.  The engine in it is the same as what goes in the H16XL, which happens to have a dead engine.  Plan to marry the two and have one good tractor and lots of parts, or possibly a fixer upper.

Leaving at 7 am and hope to be back home by 5 or so.  Being a train buff also we will be following the BNSF tracks clear across the state.  Hope to grab a few quick shots along the way.  Will put some photos up after we get back.

• OldBuzzard, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 4 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 07:40 PM

I hope that you both have safe trips. Good Luck, Rick
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Good luck with the new tractor,
We enjoy the day/ weekend trips, driving Friday to Michigan to pick up a 1000, we make the most of it and take a couple of hotels along the way.
I just feel like work gets in the way of my hobby at times.
  • chieffan and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#4 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,575 Thanks
  • 917 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Momma is always up for anything that gets her out of the house. :dancingbanana:

#5 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 02:58 AM

I agree, My wife isn't the biggest tractor fan, but I usually try to make a nice weekend trip out of the whole deal. I drove 6 1/2 hrs to get my 1000 and on the way made a stop to a place called Kalahari. Its a huge indoor water park we stumbled across on a rainy day while we were visiting cedar point. So of course I tell my wife who had just graduated college "I'm taking you to Kalahari next weekend for your graduation present," she was super excited, then I mentioned that on the way home we had to stop and pick up a Bolens. She said "ugh, I see why your taking me there, so you can get another tractor!" but we had a great time. So Enjoy the road trips, keep your eyes peeled on the way there and you may stumble across some more Bolens stuff laying around in people's yards, So I always bring some extra picking cash on longer trips! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!
  • Bolens800uk and Paulgo have said thanks

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 01:04 PM

Check the post "Bolens Delivered" for some photos of the tractor and those involved.  Still working on the tractor but here are a couple after I got the motor in it.

H16-1.JPG   H16-2.JPG   H16-3.JPG   H16-4.JPG   XL Electrical.JPG   XL Engine.JPG

• Bolens 1000 and Bolens800uk have said thanks