• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 MichaelBeck OFFLINE  

MichaelBeck
  • Member No: 69804
  • 89 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 05:52 AM

If it makes you feel any better Brian its no different here in NZ, i work at a transport museum on my days off and we just don't put the stuff out anymore, No parental responsibility & to much damage to be worth it.

• Bolens 1000 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#17 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 08:02 AM

Great display Brian! That's really too bad about your saw, kids just aren't disciplined right these days. My parents brought us up to look and not touch, too bad not everybody says that to their kids. 

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#18 nyrobbie77 OFFLINE  

nyrobbie77

• Member No: 2163
  • 90 Thanks
  • 75 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 09:52 AM

You had a very nice display up this year.  I brought my son there and of course he ran into the roped off area but I got him before he got on anything!   It only takes a second for a 3 y/o to run somewhere you don't want them to.  We showed him how some tractors had signs that said "please keep off" and ones that didn't and were ok to sit on.  It only took a minute for him to catch on.  He would even point them out and tell us not to sit on them. 

While leaving we saw a gaggle of kids climing up the tires and standing on the hoods of those huge brand new Massey's and the parents just standing there thinking nothing of it. 

Thanks for bringing your equipment out for all to enjoy. 

• Bolens 1000 and gardentractornut have said thanks

#19 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 11:30 AM

You had a very nice display up this year.  I brought my son there and of course he ran into the roped off area but I got him before he got on anything!   It only takes a second for a 3 y/o to run somewhere you don't want them to.  We showed him how some tractors had signs that said "please keep off" and ones that didn't and were ok to sit on.  It only took a minute for him to catch on.  He would even point them out and tell us not to sit on them. 

While leaving we saw a gaggle of kids climing up the tires and standing on the hoods of those huge brand new Massey's and the parents just standing there thinking nothing of it. 

Thanks for bringing your equipment out for all to enjoy. 

That's good to teach 'em young! Hopefully some other kids saw that and will do the same...

• nyrobbie77 said thank you

#20 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 12:48 PM

If it makes you feel any better Brian its no different here in NZ, i work at a transport museum on my days off and we just don't put the stuff out anymore, No parental responsibility & to much damage to be worth it.

It's the same here in the UK. No respect whatsoever even if you cordon off the area.

Great display of Bolens.

#21 richwoodrocket ONLINE  

richwoodrocket

16 year old JD lover

• Contributor
  • Member No: 57205
  • 147 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 03:54 PM

I went to the fair and saw your tractors. They look brand new! Much better in person than pictures.
Was the plastic underneath the hood of the white bolens with plow (not a bolens person, don't know the name) to protect against rain?

#22 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 06:28 PM

I use those bags to cover the seats and engines at night

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#23 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 09:37 PM

Very nice display I think its all around as far as the kids go. I had a gentleman ask if his son could set on one of my tractors to take a pic at the last show I was at. I don't have restored and its not a big deal for me but people need to understand the work and cost that has gone into these and maybe that part that can't be replaced if damaged. I still think the fun is in the showing of these tractors , attachments ,or whatever we have to show

• MH81 said thank you