• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,470 Thanks
  • 17,093 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 06:33 PM

If you were wondering why i have not posted much the past week and a half here's the reason why,

Spent the past couple weeks at our county fair setting up then hauling stuff home, since its fairly close to me I haul all the restored stuff I have and really try and put on a unique and different display of Bolens each year Finally got got everything hauled home and now they are in need of a good washing! Those old oil pull tractors we ran really blew some soot all over everything :D

Was a pretty good fair and lots of people stopped by to see the antique equipment people brought, I even had the previous owner of my ridemaster come to see the machine finished, it was his wife's fathers and I started it up for them and she took pics and a video of it running, it made both our days.

It seems the parents and their kids get more bold every year though as I just about blew a gasket when a mother and one of her kids decided to go into my roped off area and sit on my tractors! The kid knocked my freshly restored saw on the ground and scratched it pretty good , I was pissed! mother thought nothing of it of course and didnt apologize at all when I came over asking if they seen the cones around the display.

Parenting skills are lacking for many it seems but thats a whole other topic, you can definitely tell which kids are brought up right though as the ones who were came to the tent and asked first if they could sit on any.

For those looking for the complete set of pics other than the Bolens you can find them here: http://gardentractor...actor-pictures/

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN6506.JPG
  • DSCN6507.JPG
  • DSCN6508.JPG
  • DSCN6509.JPG
  • DSCN6511.JPG
  • DSCN6512.JPG
  • DSCN6513.JPG

• NUTNDUN, wilberj, daytime dave and 25 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Very nice display Brian, sorry about the saw being knocked off. Some people just don't care about anything but themselves.

• Bolens 1000 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 84
  • 706 Thanks
  • 576 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 06:41 PM

By the way, I picked your sign up for you 2x on firemans night, it blew over. Lol!
  • Bolens 1000, MH81 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 410 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 06:43 PM

Sorry to hear about your saw. Nice display, that looks great.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#5 fonz3482 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 84
  • 706 Thanks
  • 576 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 06:48 PM

Nothing tick me off more than parents that bring there kids to a car show, or any show for that matter and let them run free, hang, touch and climb all over expensive restored items! I have my little guy that is 4 1/2 months old. He is gonna learn to look, but not touch! In fact i setup in his room some die cast cars and tractors on a book shelf. He's gonna be taught that those are show cars and tractors and not to play with them, and how to clean and keep them nice. He will have play stuff, and show stuff. This way when I take him to cruise night, car shows and tractor shows, he will respect people's stuff like I did when I was little.
  • Bolens 1000, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#6 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 7,373 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:02 PM

The problem is brats being raised by brats. Enough said. Good Luck, Rick

• olcowhand, TomLGT195, propane1 and 1 other said thanks

#7 chieffan ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,761 Thanks
  • 4,272 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:10 PM

Very nice Brian.  Respect starts with the parents.  Very few of them have any respect any more, for others or even themselves.  So where are the kinds supposed to learn respect?

• boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#8 wilberj OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,126 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:11 PM

Sorry about your saw Brian stuff like that makes think twice with taking my restored stuff to shows.

Glad to hear the guy and his wife we got the ridemaster stuff from got to see the tractor all restored!  

• Bolens 1000, boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#9 Austen OFFLINE  

• Member No: 33768
  • 775 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:16 PM

Nice display!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#10 Tbrooks OFFLINE  

• Member No: 61764
  • 404 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:26 PM

Its a shame about the saw! I made a rack for my chainsaws that I use. I lag bolted a 4' piece of telephone pole to a truck bud wheel, then plunged into it with the saws at 90 degee angles. When I am done with the saws I just stick the bar into the slot. It would make a nice display rack if I had any antique saws.
  • boyscout862 and Rock farmer have said thanks

#11 petrj6 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,701 Thanks
  • 2,162 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:48 PM

I did the locale farm history day here in town a few years ago and made the mistake of letting a few kids get on my tractors, I have no issues with anyone setting on my machines but there is a fine line.  by the end of the day my tractors were a jungle jim and no matter who I yelled at no one knew who's kids they were.

Nice display you do there, to bad about your saw.

• propane1 said thank you

#12 jabelman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38843
  • 1,453 Thanks
  • 1,120 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 08:05 PM

Your lucky the kid didn't get hurt or cut by the saw. I am sure she would have sued everyone
  • propane1 said thank you

#13 propane1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,876 Thanks
  • 3,112 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 09:16 PM

I am going to our yearly plow match this weekend. I am undecided as to take any garden tractors or not, because of parents not looking after their children. Mine are not show tractors and never will be, but I realy hate when stuff gets broken and you can't replace it. If the parents ask if they can put their child on the tractor for pictures or just for fun , then I don't mind so much. You can tell the bad ones from the good ones, that's for sure, parents or children. Noel.

Nice display, by the way.

Edited by propane1, August 25, 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,686 Thanks
  • 28,329 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 10:00 PM

I had the chance to call a house yesterday afternoon and the phone was answered by a young man of about 12 or so.
He had fine manners and was able to locate pen, paper, and take a message all by himself.
I made certain his father knew it when he returned my call tonight.
  • Bolens800uk said thank you

#15 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 11:19 PM

Great looking display Brian.  You should have asked her her name and address in a very polite manner.  When she asked why, tell her that you need to know where to send the bill for the repairs to the saw.

• Bolens 1000, KC9KAS and Bolens800uk have said thanks