6 replies to this topic

#1 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Broke the pivot wheel off the brush cutter this evening.
Broke one side out of the tube it pivots in and the other side is cracked the full length.
Will have to find a pipe the right size and weld it in.
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 08:02 PM

Good luck, hope you can find one that works.
  • JD DANNELS said thank you

#3 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,121 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 08:09 PM

Always something to us keep busy. Hope it goes well, the repair.
I was just working on an 8 hp Briggs today. It ran when it came here, with old gas in it, then quit. Gas coming out carb. So, I set it aside for a month. Figured do it some day. Today I was working on it had a bunch more troubles and I now stand here worse off than when I started. Flywheel key got cut off , the starter gear is screwed, the two bolts that hold the breather cover on are striped, and i never even touched those. And the carb needs a cleaning. Plus, no spark.
Waste of a day, Noel
  • Alc and JD DANNELS have said thanks

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,580 Thanks
  • 3,959 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 05:00 AM

That sounds like a day in my life. You mean that it happens to others too.... Hope it isn't too hard to fix.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,519 Thanks
  • 39,737 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 06:31 AM

Good luck with fixing the brush cutter!

#6 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 08:11 AM

Always something to us keep busy. Hope it goes well, the repair.
I was just working on an 8 hp Briggs today. It ran when it came here, with old gas in it, then quit. Gas coming out carb. So, I set it aside for a month. Figured do it some day. Today I was working on it had a bunch more troubles and I now stand here worse off than when I started. Flywheel key got cut off , the starter gear is screwed, the two bolts that hold the breather cover on are striped, and i never even touched those. And the carb needs a cleaning. Plus, no spark.
Waste of a day, Noel

I am right with you on an H16 I traded a good original 1050 for.  I wanted a hydro and this one was said to have spark but wouldn't run.  OK so the carb need rebuilt.  Figure on that every time.  HH160 Kohler so not a big deal.  Took a day or so to get the engine running right and waiting for new drive belts I put a PTO unit on with belts.  Got everything up and going and down on the ground for a test run.  Started it up full throttle, tired forward and reverse a couple times to get the air out after a filter change.  All work good.  I though wow!  My first hydro is up and running.  Headed down to the machine shed with it and it held back good going down hill and pulled good till I got to the machine shed.  It bogged down bad pulling a slight incline up to the building where I parked it.  Later I got back on fired it up, full throttle and it would not move.  Only growled and pulled the motor down a little.  Pump still worked as the lift cylinder went in and out at good speed.  Now I find the Hydro is out and replacement is about like finding hens teeth.  No parts break down or manual available for them so nobody wants to touch it and won't guarantee they can fix it due to parts availability, but will still want paid for their time (Understandable).  I did fin a 1658 with a ignition module out that i am going after Thursday at a good price.  So my motor is going in that tractor (same motor as original) and I will have an H16 for parts.  Everything but the engine and hydro is available.  Hope I can come OK in the end on this one.

• propane1 said thank you

#7 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Well I found 3ft of tubing with a 2 inch inside diameter in the scrap bin at the salvage yard.
He was going to cut me off a 4 inch piece. I asked him what he wanted for the whole piece and he said two bucks.
Now I have some tubing in my scrap bin!

It is welded in, now I have to turn the hitch pins around. I had to tighten the sway chains to keep the mower out of the tires,now it is hard to hook up, so I am turning the pins to the inside.
  • KennyP and propane1 have said thanks