#91 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 10:02 AM

I'm happy to hear that this is turning out good for you. 

We went through a similar situation with a Mercury Sable's transmission. I was in contact with Fords customer service dept. the whole time and they were excellent in getting a handle on the problem. Calling me twice a week to check and see how things were going and letting me know what their next step was. I have never been treated so well by a company and the biggest reason I keep going back. 

#92 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 03:45 PM

Glad it is running better and you can actually drive it.  Going 4,500 in the hole isn't really worth it to me.  That negative equity never goes away only gets bigger.

This ford power shift crap was developed is the same as a DSG and SMG transmission isn't it?  Two clutches, sequential gears?  An automatic manual basically.

VW, Porsche, BMW, and many of the "super" cars have been using them since the 80s.  I believe Porsche developed the design for racing cars originally.

• larrybl said thank you

#93 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 05:08 PM

Sounds like crappy design. Good luck with it.

#94 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Glad it is running better and you can actually drive it.  Going 4,500 in the hole isn't really worth it to me.  That negative equity never goes away only gets bigger.

This ford power shift crap was developed is the same as a DSG and SMG transmission isn't it?  Two clutches, sequential gears?  An automatic manual basically.

VW, Porsche, BMW, and many of the "super" cars have been using them since the 80s.  I believe Porsche developed the design for racing cars originally.

Yes, from what I have read these were made for race applications, Not good for every day commutes.

1. Don't treat it like an automatic, and allow it to hold on a hill, or creep at a stop light. Use the brake. 

2. Don't baby it, Doesn't mean WOT at each stop light, but don't drive like a Granny.

3. Still concerned about the seals. 

• olcowhand and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#95 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 10:33 AM

Got up at 5:30 to leave for a conference in New Braunfels Thursday and guess what, NO START! @W#$^@#$%^. I moved my stuff over to the 95 Camry and pushed the Focus out of the way and into the weeds. Looks like the Battery this time as the dash lights go out when I hit start. I'll call the dealer and let them tow it this time. I called the Dealer while at the meeting, battery is not covered under Dealer warranty....... He offered to put a new battery in it, but would charge labor and trip fees. and let me guess, it is a special battery that has to be ordered so the cost for Ford to do it will be approximately a House Mortgage payment.
I declined their service offer, I'll Park it out back in the weeds, and pretend I never bought this POS.

After I got home yesterday, I jumped the 2012 FORD FOCUS off so to move it from where I pushed it the other morning. I am now getting very disturbing messages.

"Not in Park" and "Transmission Fail"
The TCM was replaced less than 50 Miles ago.
I saw this at the Hotel I was at and wondered if they would trade me for it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=TvrEdMs4HJ0

Attached Thumbnails

• Jump Start.JPG
  • Not in Park.JPG
  • P1140568.JPG

• dodge trucker said thank you

#96 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 10:58 AM

Boy I hope you can get out from under this thing before it breaks the bank. 

The photo on the right is a Focus tow truck?  :D

#97 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,480 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 12:05 PM

The messages are likely a result of trying to start it with the low battery, we see it a lot. Usually clears up if you get a good charge on it before starting and then clear the trouble codes. It can kill a PCM, BCM or other controller/ module, but usually won't.
  • Alc said thank you

#98 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Wow, this thing has been a real problem child.
Wished your experience had been better. :(

#99 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 863 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 01:15 PM

I stopped buying fords in 1974 when they refused to fix my BRAND NEW truck that was using a quart of oil every 160 miles.

Kept telling me they had replac3ed every gasket in the engine including the oil pan gasket.

When I finally had enough I tore the engine down my self and found the cur clip for number four piston in the oil pan and a gouge in the cylinder wall so deep you could loose a nickel in there. They still refused to cover the warranty because I WAS THE ONE WHO FOUND THE PROBLEM AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF DEALEING WITH THOSE A HOLES.

Cost ford a bunch of money really as I had been buying a new one every two years as well as my brother. My two sisters owned one each which were their last fords and My dad to stopped buying fords. Today there isn't a Ford in any of the family's fleets.

And the Lion's can't win because they have changed every thing several times since 1954 the last time the lions won except the FORD owner ship.

:D   Al

#100 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 01:17 PM

You have full coverage on it, right. I am sure there are some shady places in TX you could park it and it would disappear.

Not that I recommend that.

#101 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 03:14 PM

I heard over charging a battery with a faulty battery charger can cause a fire and destory a vehicle.

Make sure you check out you charger

Edited by toomanytoys84, November 21, 2015 - 03:15 PM.

• larrybl and dodge trucker have said thanks

#102 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 04:09 PM

Only been jump starting it, hmmm maybe a faulty charger is what I need.

• olcowhand, Alc, dodge trucker and 1 other said thanks

#103 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 08:24 PM

Pulled the battery, it has one of the green dot on the top which is dark. I checked the levels, all the plates are covered, but low, I charged it for over 3 hours and the green dot is still dark. Started pricing, O'Riles is the lowest at $114, and they go up astronomically from there. If I could get away with it I would use 9 D cells.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1140580.JPG
  • P1140581.JPG
  • P1140582.JPG
  • P1140583.JPG
  • P1140584.JPG

#104 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,480 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 08:48 PM

You can't always trust the 'magic eye', they can be misleading. The electrolyte should be brought up to the full line before charging. If you charge it for 3-4 hours at 10 amps, disconnect it for a couple of hours and it still reads below 13.2 or so, it's probably bad. Jump starting modern cars will kill computers/ controllers, etc... They should be connected to a jump box, charger or running car for at least 5-10 minutes before attempting to start.
  • larrybl said thank you

#105 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 08:54 PM

I don't know if you have them around you but I've bought my last few batteries at rural king. My Ford ranger auto zone wanted 95 dollars. Picked up a battery at rural king on sale for 29.99!

It's been a good battery in the sense that the truck is ran very little but always fires up without a jump.