126 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 07:29 AM

LilysDad hit the nail on the head.  We complain about all the added amenities on a vehicle but pull out a smart phone that does everything but wipe to complain about the vehicle that won't go over 80 mph.

#17 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 08:15 AM

I got stuck with this deal in an odd way. My Daughter "had" a job, and needed a car. Her credit wouldn't allow her to get a loan, and I refused to co-sign, so she went to a "buy here - pay here" lot and got a 2000 Malbu for $180.00 every 2 weeks. Not an issue till she lost her job, then it was either I make the payments or loose the car, I was already making the insurance payments. This came to $360.00 a month for a 2000 model. Having the second car now became a neccisity as we live out in the country and my Wife also used the car. I had her return the Malibu and I got the 2012 Focus (for family use right now). Insurance was a little less, and the payments are now at $272.00. Yes, it's in my name, and once someone else gets a job they can pay me to use it for work untill they can get their own. Ultimately this car will replace my work car, a 1995 Camry, which I plan to drive till the wheels fall off. 

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#18 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,061 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 11:52 AM

Unless they advised you of the problem its theirs. take them to small claims for breach of contract.or threaten them that you will.

• larrybl said thank you

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 02:22 PM

I like my toys on my vehicles.  Do I need them?  Nope.  But they sure are nice.  I enjoy having blue tooth, and the touch screen display, ect.  I spend a lot of time in my vehicle.  10+ hours a week sitting in that little truck, and I enjoy the little comforts they give me. 

I did a little googling about my keys.  One guy said he was able to go to the ford dealership and they fixed him up and didn't charge anything for fixing it.   Said that there is nothing "special" about the factory original key.  Just that the original key was set up as an "admin" key.  That key can set the features.  The other keys are just keys.  But ANY key can be made into an admin key at the dealer(assuming these are the all in one remote keys)

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 25, 2015 - 02:29 PM.

• propane1 said thank you

#20 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 11:43 PM

The trouble is, we like love toys! We need a cell phone, but we want a Smart Phone. We need a '75 Ford F-150  w/ 6cyl stick and radio, but we want a 2016 F350 4x4 diesel with every option.

not everyone. I want something like that '75// but when none turn up, I wind up getting stuck with what ever I can find available at the time, to get me where I gotta go. 

and I have a "smart" phone only because that was all I could get when I wore out my old flip phone, one of which I'd gladly have back.

• MH81 and propane1 have said thanks

#21 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 06:27 PM

The saga continues... This morning I took my truck to town to fill it up, and stopped at the dealership to query about the key. They said I needed to fill out some more forms, and it will be 2-3 weeks, oh, they were sorry they didn't call me to tell me this, and gave me a card that I put in my wallet. I went home, then took the Focus to town to put gas in it, After putting gas in it, It wouldn't start, and I was stuck at the gas pump. Yes I tried shifting to N, then park. All the dash lights would come on, but in the start position, nothing, no click, no lights dim, nothing. I called the dealer, and the manager said no mechanics were available and offered a tow. I told him I was at the gas station 5 minuets away, he (the manager) showed up with a jump pack. Connected the pack and still nothing. Then he did this.... (start. start. start. - brake. brake. brake, start. start. start Key off. - brake. brake. brake, Hazard, Hazard, Hazard, Hazard) and it started (something about a sensor reset). So I get in and shut it off till he gets the battery cover on, and closed the hood. It cranked up, so I shut it off once more, and while he is getting in his truck, it won't start again. I flag him down, he tries the sequence above several times, nada, then he holds the key in "start" for 10 seconds, then removed the key and inserted it, it started. He followed me to the dealership and said it is most likely the key switch, and they need to cancel the key order, and order a new switch which will come with 2 keys. It is under warranty.    

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 1 other said thanks

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 09:08 PM

Glad you weren't two hours away.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#23 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:23 AM

Kind of makes you wonder how theses vehicles with all the electronics will be like 10+ years down the road .
  • Gtractor, MH81 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#24 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:44 AM

The manager was complaining about finding technicians that can work on them. They do have a help wanted sign out side.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#25 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 10:56 AM

Gosh!  My '84 Dodge has some weird quirks too.  I have to pump the gas pedal three times before I turn the key to start if its cold.  When its already been run and warm, I don't have to do that.    :poke:

Edited by Gtractor, August 30, 2015 - 10:59 AM.

• dodge trucker and freedhardwoods have said thanks

#26 freedhardwoods OFFLINE  

freedhardwoods
  • Member No: 47074
  • 374 Thanks
  • 197 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:13 PM

That was a lot of hassle to go through, but it sounds like the ignition will get you going.

Calling a Ford Focus a "family vehicle" sounds funny to me. My daughter had a Grand Am years ago. I had to pull my head down with my hand to get in it without banging the roof. Our 88' Caprice is more my size. :D

Edited by freedhardwoods, August 30, 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#27 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:35 PM

Sorry for all your troubles. Nothing makes you madder than a newer vehicle breaking down.

I find it hard to fit into many of the smaller vehicles. The roof is so low and there is no leg room. I am not a big guy either. Probably "average" sized.

#28 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:51 PM

Little OT but we put a Powerworks supercharger in my soninlaws '02 focus...In my opinion a pretty decent car.  Some of the toughest steel we ever had to drill on car was the few holes we had to drill into the frame,,,tough stuff..That little 4 banger produced 360 hp on the dyno. I believe that was with 10lbs boost. I was not familiar at all with focus but there is a lot of aftermarket product for them. 

Good luck with yours...

#29 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 01:53 PM

Yea, I like my 95 Camry, even when the starter went out I still could drive it to work as long as I parked on an incline, till I could replace the starter. I still haven't found the oil filter on the Focus. 

#30 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 08:27 AM

The car is still at the Dealer, 2 weeks now, and over a month sence I went to them with the Mykey issue..... This key issue is Ridiculous !

I stopped in yesterday to check on the vehicle and was told still waiting on the key, I asked if the no-start issue had been located, was told that they wanted to try programming a new key to solve that issue. I then went to the restroom, and as I was departing I overheard two desk clerks discussing something about someone getting screwed with key programming at $250.00 a pop. I don’t think they knew I was still there, and I do not know if this was referenced to my complaint.

• olcowhand, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks