• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 10:23 AM

I think it will be easier to use a 12vt electric linear actuator to lift my sleeve hitch I an installing on my Kubota G5200.  I found a small one that should fit in the space I have to mount it, has a 330lbs lifting capacity. Will this be enough to lift a 8" sleeve hitch plow and a back blade?  I am using a brinly adapter from a large frame Simplicity with a custom mount to the cast iron rear end on the Kubota.  To get a reach rod forward to the rock shaft, there is no good straight forward route that I can see.  

• chieffan said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 11:36 AM

I have been told to go for 500, but i managed to find an OEM one before I had to buy.

There are tractors that use cables in sheaths instead if linkage. That may be easier.
It wouldn't have down pressure, but that's what the implement is for
  • chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,142 Thanks
  • 4,490 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 01:00 PM

When the plow in in the ground 5 or 6" it will be harder to lift than you think .  Just make sure you have enough leverage or it won't happen.  Your hinge point and lift point will be fairly close together compared to the weight and force holding the plow down.

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 06:05 PM

I am still trying to find a way to get a lift bar from the sleeve hitch forward to the lever on the rockshaft where the spring assist attaches, should give a nice leverage point, but the route to the rear isnt a straight shot, has to step out around the fuel tank, then back in to attach to the sleeve hitch adapter.  No place to put a rear rock shaft due to location of the fuel tank.  I would love to see how the factory 3 point was set up, but they are more rare then hens teeth.  MIke

• MH81 and chieffan have said thanks

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 08:11 AM

... I would love to see how the factory 3 point was set up, but they are more rare then hens teeth.  MIke

After doing a bunch of Google searching, it appears that the 3-pt was lifted by it's own single action hydraulic cylinder.

I found a 2013 thread on the 3-pt over at MTF which has a picture, and it also mentions that there are some FORD 3-pt that are identical and were more common.

I have a G5200 with 3ph and rear pto, I know that this hitch is also common on the Ford 14D, and 16D ,diesel garden tractors,as well as the Ford GT65,GT75,GT85,GT95,Garden Tractors(these tractors were also made in Japan) the hitch components and rear PTO are identical including the bearings.

Here's a link to that thread: http://www.mytractor...-3pt-hitch.html

#6 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 11:49 AM

I will keep my eyes open for that hitch as well, thanks for the extra research.  Mike