Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

New Holland Garden Tractor (pictures added)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,559 Thanks
  • 3,940 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 08:23 PM

There was a guy parting out a S series. A month ago or so. He might have a rock shaft. I forget his name, I will try to find it.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#32 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 08:35 PM

There was a guy parting out a S series. A month ago or so. He might have a rock shaft. I forget his name, I will try to find it.

Found the ad he posted and all the good parts are gone.... Thanks for the lead, I'm sure another will turn up.

#33 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 09:08 PM

Worked on the New Holland all day today. If I could find something to tweak... I did lol. I topped off the transaxle (1/2 quart low). Then I moved on to headlights, which only work with key on. Once I learned that I was onstoppable. Light switch on, no lights, but something else happened... PTO works! Checked the label above the switch and duh, PTO lol. So turned the lights switch on and we had light... Singular lol. Took me half hour to change the dead bulb since one of the screw thread inserts decided it wanted to come out... But it's reinstalled carefully and we had two working lights. So then I started on the control box revisit. I wanted it to move back a 1/4 inch (gained 1/16 of an inch, but achieved goal two, which was the hydraulic lift valve hoses were bound against the gas tank, so made a few tweaks to get the valve more forward without losing the float position. Not sure what happened after that but neutral was no longer neutral, so I adjusted everything until I was happy, straightened the floor board to allow the neutralizer pedal to work correctly, and it all works fairly good. Oh, I did mount a seat on the S-14 that worked out great. All said and done a good day, but no pictures, the sun left too early for pictures.

Oh, why is it that now the flex coupler is eating the front bottom edge of my Fiberglass fender pan? I have no tunnel guard, but feel it could interfere with that flex coupler, it has about 3 fiber disks in the flex coupler, and I don't know why...
  • MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#34 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,559 Thanks
  • 3,940 posts

Posted August 29, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Buzz, the tunnel cover goes in under the front lip of fiberglass. With that on, it will raise it slightly. But then it might hit the cover.
  • MH81 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#35 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 04:32 PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440970286.898327.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440970307.280505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440970334.625834.jpg

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, August 30, 2015 - 04:34 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#36 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 11:54 PM

Was looking at the New Holland and pulled the engine dipstick after having run it this weekend and the prior black engine oil was MILKY BROWN!!!

Obviously I was in shock, but not surprised so at midnight I grabbed an oil pan, a wrench, and 2 quarts of SAE 30 oil, and went at it. I had just found a way to shoehorn the S-14 into the shed addition between the Farmall 140 and the Gravely earlier today so it made working space tight, I was laying on the Gravely brush hog when dealing with the drain plug lol. Of course earlier today I finally wired a light in the shed addition so I gave it a workout tonight lol.

By the way, is the definition of addicted "willingly changes oil at midnight" ? Lol

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, August 30, 2015 - 11:55 PM.

• Alc, KennyP and shorty have said thanks

#37 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted September 01, 2015 - 11:32 AM

By the way, is the definition of addicted "willingly changes oil at midnight" ? Lol

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, Yesterday, 12:55 AM.

Like John Wayne said "a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do ".
  • wvbuzzmaster and shorty have said thanks

#38 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 07, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Well, this weekend I did more work to the New Holland. I was unsatisfied with the control box, fuel tank, hydraulic lift valve, fender pan relationship, not to mention msadjusted the hydro controls for the dwell position. So I spent much of Saturday tweaking this relationship, and filing holes in the control box brackets bigger to gain clearances to take things out of binds. Overall success and I even mounted a tunnel cover. My replacement parking brake cable is a bust so far (no details here). Meanwhile I spent time today and dremeled the old steering wheel hub off the splines to get rid of that go cart steering wheel. It now sports a steering wheel from a Cub Cadet... I mean John Deere... Err lol. Long story short here is that I took the John Deere 210 steering wheel off the Cub Cadet 102 to install on the New Holland. I had an IH Cub Cadet steering wheel on a parts CC that I got after using the JD wheel on the 102. I was going to switch the Deere wheel out on the Cadet anyway, just wasn't expecting it to be in service on another tractor so soon LOL.

I have all the parts of a three point coming for this thing this week.
The rear rock shaft system out of an Ariens Gt17
Then lower links, lift links, and top link from a Case/Ingersoll. If anyone is looking for these I would gladly trade them for different lower links etc.
  • MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#39 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,559 Thanks
  • 3,940 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 05:27 AM

Sounds like you are getting everything tweaked into place.

#40 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 05:51 AM

Glad it's working out for you.

#41 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 11:08 AM

I finesse something on it every weekend. This weekend went better because I kept the blood in my skull this time lol. Last weekend some blood escaped when i whacked my head against a bolt while crawling underneath to loosen bolts lol.

I should have my lift parts today so we will see when i get home.
  • shorty said thank you

#42 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 11:37 AM

The real question here is, will you be able to plow with a normal plow instead of that disc thingy that hangs beneath the Cub?

#43 case442 OFFLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 03:11 PM

Hey that looks good Casey, I somehow missed this one. Is this what you'll bring to the plow day?

#44 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted September 08, 2015 - 04:35 PM

Three things have to align to bring the New Holland. I must get the three point hitch mounted. I must get the new 23x10.50-12 carlisle tru powers mounted and loaded. I must have a three point to brinly adapter (or three point plow)