• Member No: 8002
  • 11,751 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 01:23 PM

Is the fuse panel sealed?
  • David Brown said thank you

#17 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 01:40 PM

Does he wash the tractor?  Water on that circuit board makes thing go wonky..  Tell him to leave that area alone with the water.  Also he could coat the connections with dielectric grease to keep things corrosion free

Good to know.  I'll pass that along, thanks.

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted August 20, 2015 - 01:41 PM

Is the fuse panel sealed?

The fuse panel in question is not sealed or even covered other than the side panel of the tractor.  WNYTT just gave me a good suggestion that I plan to pass along to my neighbor.

#19 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 10:04 AM

My neighbor found that out the hard way..  He bugs me just about every week with his 455..  Usually it's an easy fix but there is about a 1/2 day-er as someone screwed up the deck lifting arms..  I found the procedure to align them correctly and we just gotta get the thing in the shop and get my convertible out..  The way I look at it is that it works but you can't lift it up all the way as it will hit the tires when he turns..  The temporary solution is-  Don't lift it all the way!

He's a beauty..  He left it parked on the top of his hill and got spooked when it wasn't there when he came back to put it away last week!  It rolled down his steep driveway and into a steep ditch and the nose was peeping out of the trees....   :wallbanging:   :wallbanging: 

**If I could post pictures from my phone I'd post it up but I got a dumb-phone..   :wallbanging: