• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 11:13 AM

I did not have time yesterday to get the pictures for you, but I got them today. I think this picture shows the biggest difference between the linkages. Yours has a pivot point right in front of the foot rest, where mine is all one piece. Try dropping the deck down, then clamp that pivot with a pair of vice grips and see if the back will lift. If you look at the last picture you posted, the point I am talking about is the one at the top right of the picture. I have more pictures if you need them. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 037.jpg

Edited by CanadianHobbyFarmer, August 23, 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 02:01 PM

I have that type for a green 42" deck I haven't used yet.  I notice the pins on the rear brackets on your deck and the picture in the last deck info link are both pointing outward?  Any reason for this or different linkage, etc.?

#18 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 03:53 PM

PROGRESS MADE ! 

First off the two angle brackets mounted on the rear of the deck are reversible but made exactly the same.  If they were bolt down with the pin to the inside the short arm would be 3" out of alignment so I left them as they were.

I removed all the lifting brackets from the tractor.  The four brackets that bolt to the tractor frame were loosened and raised to the highest position.

The four pointed short arms off the tractor brackets were bent away from the tractor a little to increase the contact with the lift pins.

The short link with the pins were turned around to get a new bearing surface for the points to contact to do the lifting.

The curved bracket was turned end for end and the two end holes were used from the deck to the lift arm pin.

The deck now raises about 2" more than it did.  Deck wheels are in their lowest position so they only come off the ground about an inch or less.  I can live with this.  Much better than what it was.  thank you much Canadian Hobby Farmer for your photo, links to the paperwork and advise.  With your help we got it conquered.  Rog

• CanadianHobbyFarmer said thank you

#19 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,166 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 04:01 PM

I have that type for a green 42" deck I haven't used yet.  I notice the pins on the rear brackets on your deck and the picture in the last deck info link are both pointing outward?  Any reason for this or different linkage, etc.?

CanadianHobbyFarmer's pics are of a later-model deck with completely different lift linkage than what you have.   .....His set-up does not apply to your 18422-01 !

The dark-green later-style decks used linkage similar to what CHF has.  ....The bright-green early-style deck from the mid-late 1960's had an entirely different set-up.

• chieffan and CanadianHobbyFarmer have said thanks

#20 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 04:31 PM

I looked at my green deck and brackets and they are nothing like what you have.  Not even sure I have all the parts.  Will grab a photo of the deck and brackets when I bring the 1053 back to the machine shed.  I have never left a piece of equipment sit outside from the day I brought it home.

#21 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 05:55 PM

A couple photos of the green deck and link I have.  Model number is 1457-02, if I read it right.

Green Deck.JPG    Green Deck Brackets.JPG

Would like to mount this under my G12 but not sure I have the right brackets.  I have another set just like the ones on the 1053 with the red deck mounted but don't think they are the correct ones.

Edited by chieffan, August 23, 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#22 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 939 Thanks
  • 596 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 09:19 PM

You are welcome Chieffan for the picture and what advice I gave, but it was Bruce Dorsi who provided the links and the solution to your problem. I am glad to hear you are up and running.

• chieffan said thank you

#23 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,166 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted August 24, 2015 - 08:12 AM

A couple photos of the green deck and link I have.  Model number is 1457-02, if I read it right.

attachicon.gifGreen Deck.JPG   attachicon.gifGreen Deck Brackets.JPG

Would like to mount this under my G12 but not sure I have the right brackets.  I have another set just like the ones on the 1053 with the red deck mounted but don't think they are the correct ones.

Parts List here for your # 18457-02 mower deck:

http://gardentractor...457-02-42inpdf/

The lift bracket that bolts to the frame of the tractor is entirely different than the one you have on the 1053.

• Bolens 1000 and chieffan have said thanks