#1 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,105 Thanks
  • 1,196 posts

Posted August 18, 2015 - 07:11 PM

I picked up a 1053 Bolens this week that is missing the engine and some sheet metal and has had some interesting modifications (two lift handles).  Got looking at the PTO and I don't remember seeing one with a four bolt flange on the rear - looked in the parts manual and it shows the PTO the same as my 1050 which uses a needle bearing at the rear.  Just wondered if anyone could help me identify what the PTO might be off of as the front looks like it mounts properly with the 3 bolts holding it to the axle support - the front frame has been extended for a larger engine and there are actually two axle supports.  The deal came with a tiller, snow caster and an almost complete sleeve hitch as well as some parts for a 1050 - got a seat pan and rear fender but the original seat cover and padding was long gone.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1 PTO Picture.jpg
  • 2 PTO Picture.jpg
  • 3 Tractor Model.jpg
  • 4 Extra Lift Lever.jpg
  • 5 Two Lift Levers.jpg
  • 6 Tiller And Snow Caster.jpg
  • 7 Sleeve Hitch.jpg
  • 8 Seat Fender And Pan.jpg
  • 9 Frame Extension.jpg

#2 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,167 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 07:49 AM

I would say that an original PTO was highly modified and now uses a 4-bolt flanged pillow block bearing.

The square plate and gussets appear to be welded onto a modified housing.  ....Notice that there is no way to mount an original belt guard, since the square plate is up against the guard's mounting hole.

• 29 Chev said thank you

#3 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,105 Thanks
  • 1,196 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 05:24 PM

I would say that an original PTO was highly modified and now uses a 4-bolt flanged pillow block bearing.

The square plate and gussets appear to be welded onto a modified housing.  ....Notice that there is no way to mount an original belt guard, since the square plate is up against the guard's mounting hole.

Thanks Bruce

I was thinking similar thoughts - will have to pull it off and have a better look when I get time.