• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 04:09 AM

So you are missing the rotation lock mechanism. Do you plan to make parts for it? I can probably get some measurements for you.
As far as the raise, I think it would help to stack higher. Plus the added clearance would help just moving around. Maybe someone with snow pushing experience will chime in. I haven't had anything to push snow with before. Always used the hand shovel method.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 06:39 AM

Buck, here is another option for the angle mechanism: 09jc9855 Hyd. Angle Kit

HYDangle.jpg

But the expense might be more for the extra hydraulics to make it work.

Edited by KennyP, September 09, 2011 - 06:43 AM.
Added Comment

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 05:58 PM

Got the handle assy. built today. Sorry, Buck, but I didn't take the other parts off today. Will do definitely tomorrow. They need cleaned and lubed.

Image007.jpg
The last pic shows the nifty handle grip I found, right color to boot.
I found out I made the rotating bar too long. Will have to cut it in two tomorrow and take about two inches out. In the next pic, you can see a couple nuts. I had put in a threaded piece for an adjustment, just made it too long.
Image004.jpg

These last pics are for Buck on the rotation lock mechanism.

Image009.jpg

Image008.jpg
Image011.jpg
The last pic shows where I put the piece of 3/4" ply to raise the blade higher. Trying to figure what I could use there on a more permanent basis. Then again, I may bolt something in so it could be removed if needed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image002.jpg
  • Image003.jpg
  • Image001.jpg
  • Image010.jpg

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I worked on the handle some more today. Instead of cutting and welding the rotation bar, I looked at the handle I had made and decided to rotate it 90 degrees. It was only tacked together. This did wonders, I am able to unlatch and swing the blade either way with no problem.
Guys, if you are still needing help with your blades, now's the time to speak up. I have lots of picks and measurements, some are hard to explain.

Image004.jpg

These 5 pics are of #23, latch release rod. This is made from 3/8" rod. I tried to put some measurements in the pics so I didn't have so much to type.
Image006.jpg
This is #22, Latch bar assy. In case you are wondering, that is supposed to be Small Hole 1/4". These two holes are at opposite corners.
Image007.jpg
This is #26, Bellcrank Adjustment Plate. I got the measurements for the holes, but forgot to get the plate size. I get that tomorrow. Hole locations, starting with the one far left. 1/2" dia., 5/8" over from straight side and 9/16" up. Upper right hole, 1/2" dia., 5/8" over X 1" down toward first hole. Hole in corner, 3/8" dia., 5/8" over and down. Hope this makes sense.
These three are the main parts for the latch assy. The part sticking up is for the threaded end of the rod to go thru, goes into a 1/2" hole w/ 3/8" hole thru.
I'll add more later.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image005.jpg
  • Image002.jpg
  • Image003.jpg
  • Image001.jpg

#20 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 06:17 PM

Kenny, You have done a great job re-engineering these parts. Way to go buddy.

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 06:42 PM

I hope Buck shows back up, he was needing these parts. I have a lot more to add, just not at the moment. Thanks!

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 07:30 PM

Next item is #39, the dozer angle adjustment rod. This one is easy, other than I made mine a tad long.
Image024.jpg
If I did this again, I would make it an inch or so shorter. But that depends on how you do the handle.When I first put the handle on, I had to lean way forward to get it rotated. I should have clocked the handle back more.
Image019.jpg
Next item is # 32, Blade angle control tube assy. Guess what, it's made from 1" tube. Mine is 19 1/2" long. I took all measurements from the left end in the pic. I centered a 3/8" bushing (for the Handle) at 19 1/8". The bar for the rod from the blade is at 5", I might go 5.5-6" next time. This is at 90 degrees from the bushing. 1/2" hole is 3" down from center of tube. I installed a 3/16" roll pin 4" from the end, made washers for the tube. This keeps the tube from going too far into the blade frame.
Image020.jpg
Next up is the handle. I made mine from a ceiling fan down rod I had laying about. If you have more 1" tube, you can use that. It is 33"~ tall. The bottom hole aligns with the bushing from the last part. The hole for the Handle to bellcrank rod (next item) is about 1 5/8" up from that.
Image023.jpg
Last part, #37 Handle to bellcrank rod. Made from 3/8" rod, 13 3/4" center to center of bends. Both bends are 90 degrees, but 120 degrees from an end view. Bet that blew someone's mind. Look at the pic, the long end (goes thru handle) is flat on table. Short bend is 30 degrees past vertical. Lengths of bends will be determined by how you make the handle assy.
Now that I have you thoroughly confused, I wish you luck.

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 11, 2011 - 05:40 AM

I started to lower the cutting edge, but five of the six stove bolts decided to spin. Will go get some new ones this morning and cut the others off. Then I can set the skids. Need to work on the top of the blade.
Image0031.jpg
May have to cut the angle off to get all the rust out and straighten. Need to get the new trip springs on order. Then it will be a pretty decent blade and time for some paint.

#24 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 09:03 AM

OK, Wow thanks this will def help a lot. Is there some reason where the plywood was that you didn't take a 1" deep piece of C channel and weld it to the 'main arm'...looks like that ouold be a more permanent solution?

Also if you have the measurements for the entire rotation assembly that would be cool!

Edited by NutCASE, September 25, 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 12:05 PM

OK, Wow thanks this will def help a lot. Is there some reason where the plywood was that you didn't take a 1" deep piece of C channel and weld it to the 'main arm'...looks like that ouold be a more permanent solution?

Also if you have the measurements for the entire rotation assembly that would be cool!

I haven't had a use for it as yet. I hope to repaint it soon. May add something then. By rotation assembly, do you mean the handle? There are a lot of parts to the rotation assembly, from the handle all the way to the latch mechanism. Get me some part #'s off the pic and I'll get the measurements from that.
  • CASENUT said thank you