#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 07:25 AM

Ok I've been busy working/playing with my new toy.I picked this up a couple weeks ago.After working all winter on my Allis 716H I was able to sell it and get a few extra $$$ to help buy this new /used toy.Seeing its used /08 model its got a few problems that need to be fixed.Over heating was one.It's not warm here yet and the first time I used it,it blew out all the antifreeze.Thermostat[no] it was the rad.Just from looking at it! it looked good but once I started blowing it out it was plugged with grass seed's.Now it's good,I also put a top [sun shade] on it.Used a piece of swather belting.That works good for roofs as it's water proof and has the reinforcing rods built into it.I also made some stake side's for the box so that when our dog rides in the box she's safer,and we'll be able to haul bigger loads of stuff..Me being the way I'am I'am checking everything to make sure stuff is good.I guess the biggest thing we've been doing is riding it around,seeing that the little guy was on spring break for a week,so now this week I've been checking it out really good.LOL Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• Ranger 002 (Small).jpg
  • Ranger 004 (Small).jpg

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 08:00 AM

Ok I've been busy working/playing with my new toy.I picked this up a couple weeks ago.After working all winter on my Allis 716H I was able to sell it and get a few extra $$$ to help buy this new /used toy.Seeing its used /08 model its got a few problems that need to be fixed.Over heating was one.It's not warm here yet and the first time I used it,it blew out all the antifreeze.Thermostat[no] it was the rad.Just from looking at it! it looked good but once I started blowing it out it was plugged with grass seed's.Now it's good,I also put a top [sun shade] on it.Used a piece of swather belting.That works good for roofs as it's water proof and has the reinforcing rods built into it.I also made some stake side's for the box so that when our dog rides in the box she's safer,and we'll be able to haul bigger loads of stuff..Me being the way I'am I'am checking everything to make sure stuff is good.I guess the biggest thing we've been doing is riding it around,seeing that the little guy was on spring break for a week,so now this week I've been checking it out really good.LOL Larry

Very nice Larry, the utv's are really handy to have. Before you know it you are going to be pulling a self powered mower behind it LOL.

#3 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 08:03 AM

Nice new toy. Toys are fun.

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 08:05 AM

That is a great looking one. Mean looking tires and rims. Congrats.

#5 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 08:32 AM

GOOD LOOKIN' toy.
Congrats!

#6 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1337
  • 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Nice! I have one myself. Bought it new in '07 for the farm. It's an awesome machine. I have one major complaint though; I'm on my 4th battery. :mad2:

Ranger-RichKylee.jpg

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Great looking UTV

#8 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:22 PM

[quote name='DMF']Nice! I have one myself. Bought it new in '07 for the farm. It's an awesome machine. I have one major complaint though; I'm on my 4th battery. :mad2:

I have to ask you something seeing you had yours for awhile.Last night while driving around in the snow[yes we still have snow]
and of course its working hard the underside of the center seat seemed to be a lot hotter then I cared for it to be.The exhaust pipe on mine it runs under there and it sure warms up the seat and the metal bracket at the back.I mean you could burn your hand.So does yours heat up in that area like this.I'am sure I'am going to have to make some sort of heat shield.Larry

#9 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:24 PM

Nice!! That's one thing I might not have to talk too hard to talk the wife into. She's been saying we need on since she saw the first Kawasaki Mule.

#10 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:50 PM

and of course its working hard the underside of the center seat seemed to be a lot hotter then I cared for it to be.The exhaust pipe on mine it runs under there and it sure warms up the seat and the metal bracket at the back.I mean you could burn your hand.So does yours heat up in that area like this.I'am sure I'am going to have to make some sort of heat shield.Larry

Yes it does. We went for the Ranger because of the 3-across seating so our daughter could ride in the middle. It gets pretty hot under where she sits and the little vent in front of the seat as well. I wouldn't say anything could burn you unless you went under the seat, but it does get very hot. I forget now, but your model may have an additional crossmember under the middle of the seat. People complained about the flexing in the middle (my daughter doesn't even weigh 50 pounds yet so we never notice it) but at some point Polaris changed the bracket. Maybe that's why yours retains so much heat? A lot of guys add heat reflective material under there....J.C. Whitney carries some.

A really good site for info is here: PRC Polaris Ranger Club LLC :: Index

That's where I go when I need help. Those guys are into their Rangers like we're into GT's so it's very beneficial to peruse the threads there for tips/tricks/etc.

I'll answer anything I can to help you out. We use ours a lot...

Rolling toolbox for example::D
DSCF1074.jpg

#11 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 12:55 PM

I think this is the stuff they use: Heat/Sound Insulation - JCWhitney

There's more on the J.C. Whitney site (more $)... just search for "insulation".

#12 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the info DMF that was a quick reply.I don't think mine has any extra support under the seat.I was talking about the frame that goes across the back. Mine has the 700 EFI twin motor in it and the way the throttle body is the center seat underneath actually is molded upwards from the sides [Anyone sitting in the middle has less padding.]Its still fun to drive around anyway.I'll figure something out.Larry

#13 DMF OFFLINE  

DMF

Tractorholic

• 10 Thanks
  • 285 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 01:36 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw a picture where a guy stuffed one of those pool "noodles" into the gap between the seat bottom and back...provided insulation and kept the dust from coming into the cab which is a big problem when it's dusty....maybe that will help you out?