Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

How much do you think a Massey MF7 Hydro would be worth?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 07:38 AM

I found a Massey MF7 Hydro for sale but the guy is asking $650. I know the little 7's in hydro are very hard to find or at least going by the serial number sheet we have and what I have seen since getting in to tractors I have never seen another one. What do you guys think?

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 07:40 AM

I forgot to add the only attachment it has is a mower deck. It looks to be in great shape with no rust and original condition.

#3 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 04:11 PM

I owned 1 of these 20 yrs ago, the motor is the weak spot, the one I had was N/G when I got it, smoked, burning oil and knocked. I bought a short block for it and it ran great after that. These 7hp motors on these tractors really work hard, worse in long grass, motor just doesn't have enough hp.
Also these are aluminum block engines no cast iron liner, at least mine didn't, no real durability. I think MF7 have H70 engines, MF8s have HM80, with the cast iron liner and a bit more hp makes all the difference in the world, back when I had mine a friend had MF8 3sp he could cut a lot faster than I could, although Hydro makes the tractor much more maneuverable, forward backward as fast and many times as you can move the lever.
Whats it worth a nice one with a fresh engine $500. can. tops IMO