• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,694 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:46 AM

Got another bit of work to do. Won't be on during the day for a while. Probably no pics as it is running new water lines (pex) under the floor. And drain lines for a new bath. Not sure how long it will take, today is getting a look under there and a hole through the floor to work from. We plan to just attach underneath to keep from opening up walls all over. Have to see how bad the old lines are corroded. We will use 3/4" all over. The 1/2" cuts pressure terribly and takes a while before hot water gets to the other end of the house. I just love crawling around under a house, but it pays decent.

• olcowhand said thank you

#47 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 07:26 AM

Got another bit of work to do. Won't be on during the day for a while. Probably no pics as it is running new water lines (pex) under the floor. And drain lines for a new bath. Not sure how long it will take, today is getting a look under there and a hole through the floor to work from. We plan to just attach underneath to keep from opening up walls all over. Have to see how bad the old lines are corroded. We will use 3/4" all over. The 1/2" cuts pressure terribly and takes a while before hot water gets to the other end of the house. I just love crawling around under a house, but it pays decent.

PEX is the cat's meow, I won't go back to copper.

I have to do a similar job, I have re-plumb most of the house, by the addition with the bathroom still needs PEX installed....I can barely fit inside the access hole and have to slide on my back underneath there, pretty tight. I am seeing evidence we are getting some seepage/small leak and my sister wants to update the bathroom for my mom so guess now is the time to finish the plumbing.

• KennyP said thank you

#48 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 08:48 AM

I know someone else who's gonna have a hurting neck!  Hope it's not too rough on you Kenny, but that "under the house" work as you know too well can be painful!

• KennyP said thank you

#49 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,694 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:45 PM

I know someone else who's gonna have a hurting neck!  Hope it's not too rough on you Kenny, but that "under the house" work as you know too well can be painful!

Yeah, I'm hurting all ready this evening. Think it's a 2 Aleve night! But we got the main feed lines ran, not hooked in yet. That's tomorrow. I have to make sure the Kitchen sink, hall bath and water heater are hooked in. The other 1/2 bath and the new bath can be later. Found some drain lines that need attention. So will need to fix those.

#50 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,740 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:50 PM

PEX is the cat's meow

Unfortunately, the PEX was claimed by a local hive first, so it's the bee's knees.
  • KennyP said thank you

#51 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,694 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 06:01 PM

Unfortunately, the PEX was claimed by a local hive first, so it's the bee's knees.

That stuff can be a real pain to get unrolled under a house.