Garden Tractor Forums banner

Freebie JD110(patio)

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  ChrisF 
#1 ·
When we are slow at my shop, I do double duty as both master technician and delivery/pickup driver. I had top pickup a Cub Cadet Tank ZTR today way out in the country. Sitting in front of her in his barn, peeking out from under a pile of lawn chair cushions was the tail end of a 110/112sf JD. I mentioned as we were talking that my boss and I like to restore older tractors and take them to shows. He said if I wanted the JD, it was mine for the taking. She had a snowblade on the front, both front tires flat and chains in the rear. The winch on the trailer made quick work of loading. She was barn filthy, more brown that green, seat was mouse eaten up. Once I washed her up, the heritage came visable and he had mentioned that someone had told him years ago it was a special edition of some kind. Other than the hood, everything under the green paint is white! The seat was a standard JD embossed seat but not the style I remember seeing in pictures of early 110sf tractors. The engine also has white paint visable under the flaking black. The snow blade also has white paint under flaking yellow. Serial number comes up as a 1969 110, 8hp Kohler(which is whats in there) and yellow/green. Further research by my boss showed that the the 1969 patios were not specified by the serial numbers like the later ones. As to what the other color was, its anybodys guess. The hood and headlight panel are mint but not original or were switched to standard style yellow decal ones by the dealership years ago. Here are some pics. Mike. P.S. He also has a Simplicity Serf that he gave to my boss, I will pick it up tomorrow when I return his ZTR.

jd110patio1_zpsru3rjvmq.jpg

jd110patio2_zpszhxclbxj.jpg

jd110patio_zpsasyhubm3.jpg

jd110patio3_zpsylhtdaof.jpg

See less See more
#10 ·
I believe they installed the hood and matching seat for the color the new owner chose. My desire to go with Spruce Blue, its my personal favorite among all the patio colors. Seat will have to just be a close match that the local shop can make for me. Mike

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nope, the pan is a later one that is smooth unfortunatly. It had a very mouse eaten standard yellow JD seat cushion, but a later style like from a 214 style tractor. Seat back decal and the key fob match, seat might have been installed by that dealership when the tractor was resold years ago. The dealership predated the current local JD dealer McGavics. Todays progress was getting the carb off and into my soaker can. The crud in the carb was pre-ethanol fuel, so hopefully I can save the carb. . Mike

#14 ·
Got her running today, I am on vacation so I spent the morning at work, but not working! I left the carb in the soaker can since last week, took it out, sprayed out all the jets and passages, reassembled with no new parts. Put fresh gas in the flushed out fuel tank, along with a new fuel line with a filter. She fired right up and purrs. Throttle cable is broke, I can get the inner metal part seperate from the local small engine parts wholesaler. So for now I use a pair of pointy nose plyers to adjust the throttle. Missing the clutch return spring and the tensioner spring on the secondary transmission drive belt is broke. Variator is free and works properly, deck lift is free, has a spring assist and isnt froze up from sitting. Tractor also has the front lift set up installed. I need to also find a decent pair of front tires for it, hopefully the OEM tread pattern. Then, I can move on to a seat. Mike

#15 ·
If anybody has older Kubota G series stuff, from a complete tractor(running or not) to implements and attachments, I will swap this JD for them. I have no big interest in JD stuff, neither does my better half(she is a IH/Kubota girl!) and giving this tractor a proper repaint isnt in our budget for a long while. Rather see her off to a collector that will give her the proper restoration back to being a patio series. See the ad in the classifieds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.